The Sims 4 : Crashing Whilst Loading Family

by sxshiv0re

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 4 : Crashing Whilst Loading Family

★★★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded the University pack & updated my game to the new patch (have not downloaded the legacy edition) and now my game crashes each time I try to load up a family!

CAS works fine when I start a new game/new family but other than that it won't load.

I've removed all scripted mods, I've updated my driver, restarted the game multiple times and, yes, turned my PC on and off again continuously

Has anyone else been experiencing this? How can I fix it?

Message 1 of 8 (1,801 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 : Crashing Whilst Loading Family

★★★ Novice

The only thing that stopped mine from crashing when loading a family was removing my mods folder

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,769 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

The only thing that stopped mine from crashing when loading a family was removing my mods folder

Message 2 of 8 (1,770 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ditto loads when CC and mods scripts are disabled, but crashes go into lot to play family. Even tried an unmodded family into a vacant lot same result. Household management and build mode still work though

Message 3 of 8 (1,748 Views)

★★ Novice
@sxshiv0re i have updated all my mods now but i had the same problem. but now i cant control my adult sims, hate updates :P
Message 4 of 8 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK - after a long a meticulous slog I think I have found the problem. After deleting my mods folder entirely then gradually reinstalling mods etc a few at a time I narrowed it down to TWO files!!!

Without these two files the game loads and entry to the lots works fine . The problem files are [Adult Mod] . If you don't have these two I cant help

[CM Edit: Removed references to adult mods. Thanks for keeping things family friendly.]

Message 5 of 8 (1,726 Views)

★ Novice

i'm confused because i removed all my mods and then i bring it back and my family still doesn't load and it kept crashing 

Message 6 of 8 (1,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue too, been trying for almost 2 hours now and no luck. So annoying Frown

Message 7 of 8 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@rumbletank @Could you tell me what the mods were tat were causing you problems? i have multiple NSFW mods and I thought I updated them all but i am still having a crashing problem 

Message 8 of 8 (1,571 Views)