Re: The Sims 4 Crashing No Matter What I Do

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 4 Crashing No Matter What I Do

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been having an issue with the Sims 4 since I bought the Snowy escape pack. The game will not stop crashing no matter what I do. I uninstalled all mods, I removed reshade, I repaired the game, cleared the cache, I've repaired the game again, and I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game. Its only caused by specific actions, like using the hotpot in snowy escape crashes it every time. I have contacted EA help several times and they just told me to "Google it" and I'm, becoming very frustrated, if anyone has any tips or tricks they could offer me I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

@Broscay64  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (383 Views)

★★ Novice

This is what you need right?

Message 3 of 6 (374 Views)

@Broscay64  Yes, that's what I was looking for.  Origin is throwing errors, so it's a good idea to do a clean uninstall and reinstall:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  It's a good idea to repair afterwards—with the Origin errors, it's possible the previous repairs didn't work as they should have.

When you try to play again, please also move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  The next time the game loads, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  You can worry about your saves and other content later; the point here is to see whether you can get the game working normally at all.  So please let me know how a new save runs.

If you get another crash,please upload a crash dump.  Click Windows key-R and copy and paste this:

%LocalAppData%\CrashDumps

When you enter, you'll see a list of .dmp files.  If one of them is from Sims 4, please upload it to a third-party filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.

Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

★★ Novice

So I did all of that and on a new save it seemed to work fine until I went to the snowy escape vacation thing that triggered the crashes before, except this time instead of crashing I got an error code any time I tried to travel while on vacation. Error code 102:bcc993f2:a8b28f51. When I went back to the old save it crashed again like normal. This is the crash report

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vxmjN7Csofw7yWPF7_9J1RqyRpnRRqQC/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

@Broscay64  It sounds like your latest crash might be this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-Travelling-to-Festival-causes-World-to-reload/m-p/1039...

This is a known bug with no current fix and doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your computer or your saves.  Please let me know if you see any crashes in the new save in other contexts.

Message 6 of 6 (281 Views)