Re: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Download Issue

by Splatts55

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It's almost 2am in the UK, three hours since the release of Cats and Dogs and I still can't play! I managed to download the expansion pack, but every time I try to finish the download and install the pack Origins just cancels the action. I can't even open my game with out installing the expansion pack since I get stuck on a loading screen and have to force quit the whole thing. Help! I am getting frustrated Frown

I don't have mods, I have closed and relaunched Origins, I have shut down my computer and powered it up several times. Nothing seems to be working.

Could you help somehow?

Thank you!

Message 71 of 233 (2,135 Views)

★★ Novice

if you do that will it work cause i think thats what happened with mine?

Message 72 of 233 (2,114 Views)

★ Novice

Same with me. Its November 9th and it will not download for me. Not only that but all my custom content isn't working with the game because it won't load. Why is this happening?

Message 73 of 233 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine doesn't even have a download button. It says November 9th, i've done everything I can, restarted and started up the game. It says unlocked, but it will not install or show that it has the ability to install.

Message 74 of 233 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I do have the same problem here in Norway, and others tell me they can play, but I cant Frown And it wont even update when I click "Update game"... i tried delete all the origin cache files but no..

Message 75 of 233 (2,085 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been chatting with EA support and they say that this is a known issue and global outage and that they are working on a fix. Said it should be fixed in a few hours. It's 9:40 Central Standard Time for me, so I'll try again in the morning and see if it's fixed. 

Message 76 of 233 (2,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the information. I live in the french west indies and have the same problem. I thought i was an isolated case but obviously i'm not. Hope they'll fix it really soon cause i've been waiting this pack all day i'm so sad i can't play Frown. Sorry if my english is not perfect

Message 77 of 233 (1,976 Views)

★★ Novice

It has only come out today xx

Message 78 of 233 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Novice

WTF I STILL CANT DOWNLOAD SIMS 4 CATS AND DOGS AND ITS NOT EVEN 2 AM YET WTF EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Message 79 of 233 (1,823 Views)

Champion (Retired)

To all that still can not Download the Cats & Dogs Expansion.

Please check your order history. If it does not say "Completed" by the expansion then there was a problem billing you and you need to have that sorted out by a Game Advisor or you can cancel the order and order again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 80 of 233 (1,759 Views)