Hair Issues (CC)

by che117

Original Post

{Graphical Glitch} Hair and clothes disappearing in Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! I am having an issue where SOME of my sims look totally normal in CAS but when I get into the game a lot of the textures are gone, the sim is partially bald, and it gets worse when zooming out and "better" (but not like normal) when zooming in.

So far I have only had this problem with one of my sims and the clone of him which has different clothing. I have tried entering and exiting the lot, starting a new save, removing CC, playing with all of the graphical settings, and all of the basics and it doesn't solve the problem. I also am not on a low end PC, my graphics card is GTX1060, and I have never had an issue with RAM. It is only this sim and the rest of the game and my sims are completely fine. Anyone know what might be the problem?

In CAS:10-23-19_5-50-33 PM.png

In game up close:
10-24-19_8-48-37 PM.png

Slightly further away
10-24-19_8-48-15 PM.png

Even further away next to an unaffected sim for comparison:
10-24-19_7-13-47 PM.png

Message 101 of 194 (10,349 Views)

Re: {Graphical Glitch} Hair and clothes disappearing in Live Mode

Hero (Retired)
@SimK-Ultra

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Before you download something you have to check on the page of mods creator if these mods and CC are not too old. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods. This error is evidently caused by outdated CC
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. You need to find the culprit and delete it. Try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 102 of 194 (10,282 Views)

Re: {Graphical Glitch} Hair and clothes disappearing in Live Mode

★★★ Novice

Hi! As stated in the original post the same problem exists with no CC. The same CC used on this sim works just fine on other sims. The sim also glitches out with entirely different CC and with base game content. I also have already been playing just fine since the update, it's only this specific sim I have an issue with. I also have fixed the game and created a folder in documents and I still have the same issue with this one. Maybe it's a problem with the specific sim itself? I got it from the gallery, idk if that makes any difference or not.

Message 103 of 194 (10,268 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 CC Hair- Blonde Streaks Bug (FIX)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Phantomlover1717 why do that
Message 104 of 194 (4,611 Views)

Re: Blonde streak glitch?

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever solve this? same thing is happening to me now.

Message 105 of 194 (4,572 Views)

Hair Issues (CC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

11-03-19_10-47-29 PM.png

I got this new computer 2 months ago which is better and faster than my old pc, but I see some issues with my cc hairs, some of them have lines in it. how do I fix it? or they just cant be play with ultra graphic setting? This is just one of the screenshot I can find. They look fine In CAS.

Message 106 of 194 (4,593 Views)

Re: Hair Issues (CC)

Champion (Retired)

@che117 

Please contact the author for help with individual CC. A lot were broken with the latest patch and needs updating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 107 of 194 (4,583 Views)

Re: Hair Issues (CC)

★★★ Apprentice

It happened before updates..it work on my old pc but not the new one.

Message 108 of 194 (4,573 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 CC Hair- Blonde Streaks Bug (FIX)

★★★ Newbie

sameee

Message 109 of 194 (4,940 Views)

CC HAIR AND FACE OFF AFTER I GOT A NEW MAC

★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

So I just got a newer version of the MacBook Pro and restored all my data from my external hard drive. Once I opened sims it said something about the video ( I forgot)  but once I went into my saved game I noticed the hair and the make up had these blond steaks and green outlines. I had no problems with my cc content yesterday. No clue what to do. 

see attached photos 

bit as you can see it looks normal in the mood bar 

Message 110 of 194 (3,190 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help