Re: cc hair

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

★★★ Pro

@nko89 sorry for the late response try putting your graphics to medium or high see if that helps some cc hair not all needs medium or high graphics or you end up with blond streaks.

Message 171 of 194 (1,982 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Rachelharris31 I tried that but when I changed the hair in CAS the other hair is fine so I think the hair is broken in the game 

Message 172 of 194 (1,976 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 CC Hair- Blonde Streaks Bug (FIX)

★ Novice

Tried this and I still have blonde streaks!!

Message 173 of 194 (1,959 Views)

Why do my sims look weird?

★★★ Newbie

So, I recently started playing The Sims 4 again, and my sims are looking really weird (I will attach a photo). I think it's a problem with the CC, but I have so much and I don't even know where to start fixing it.

Here is what my sims look like in the create a sim:

And this is what they look like when I'm playing.

Could someone please help me?

Message 174 of 194 (1,878 Views)

Re: Why do my sims look weird?

Champion

@atti_bubbles1 Hello!  I agree it looks like a CC or mod issue.  It's possibly caused by a skin overlay.  I suggest testing your mods/CC a little bit at a time and delete the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game for testing. You probably want to create a new game for testing so you don't change your current game until you find the problem CC or mod. Since you mentioned having a lot of CC then the 50/50 method works best.

1. Divide your mods/CC in half (maybe make a folder on your desktop to hold the half you're taking out).

2. Delete the localthumbcache.package file again, before opening the game with the half you're testing

3. If the game works with that half, test with the other half. (Again, delete that cache file before opening)

4. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half and test again (delete the cache file again).

5. Repeat the process until you find the culprit.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 175 of 194 (1,843 Views)

Re: Why do my sims look weird?

Hero
@atti_bubbles1 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please see solution post for a workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 176 of 194 (1,840 Views)

Re: {Graphical Glitch} Hair and clothes disappearing in Live Mode

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar problem, only I don't have any custom content at all in my game. All the CC-oriented solutions are utterly useless to me. I'm even having issues with vanilla, non-expansion pack base game hairs disappearing unless I'm zoomed all the way in. Unlike the OP, however, when I'm zoomed all the way in, the hair looks normal. But the second I zoom out at all, my Sim's hair becomes buzz cut with only the shadows of her hair being visible in the front.

Message 177 of 194 (1,835 Views)

Re: {Graphical Glitch} Hair and clothes disappearing in Live Mode

Hero
@CountessOfOle Could you add a picture of what you're seeing ? Do you have laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 178 of 194 (1,786 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 CC Hair- Blonde Streaks Bug (FIX)

★★★ Newbie

I turned off laptop mode and did the same settings as you! I checked all my mods and updated them all, I’m still getting the blonde streaks in the hair. Any ideas?

Message 179 of 194 (1,688 Views)

My custom content looks weird in live mode, help?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So my custom content looks very strange in live mode. It's fine in CAS. I'm not too sure if I messed up some of the actual files in the Sims 4 folders but PLEASE HELP!
And it's only on the hair! I've tried reinstalling them but nothing has worked.

Message 180 of 194 (1,550 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help