cc hair

by nko89

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Hair Streak Issues

Champion

Hello @ix_soar !  I've seen a number of posts about color-streaks being caused by mods.  I know you said all your mods are updated but perhaps you could move your mods out just to see if you still have the issue.  Make sure you've exited the game then create a folder on your desktop and move the mods there.  Then go to your  Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file.  Load your game and see if the streaks are still there (it might also be helpful to start a new game in case your current save is corrupted).  If there are no streaks without mods, then you can try testing the game with a few mods at a time.  If you see the problem after adding a batch, you can test just those ones to see which might be causing the issue.  Note: You will want to delete that cache file each time you test as it may carry lingering effects into your game.

Once you've tested the game without mods, please provide an update if you continue to see the problem.  Thanks and good luck!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 161 of 194 (1,400 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have been working on my patch test for about 2 or 3 days. Turns out that all the hairs are the reason that I am having these lines. It's not a mod or type of cc. Just the hair files. I would hate to delete all the hairs I have and rummage around my mods folder because doing that for over 1000 files is hard. IS there any certain mod I should be aware of and looking for? Or should I just stop playing with mods period? Please help!
Message 162 of 194 (1,334 Views)

Champion

@ix_soar Apologies for the delay. I somehow missed your reply until just now.  It appears your post was merged with the master thread on this topic.  Since turning off laptop mode seemed to help and you're unable to find a specific CC culprit, I wonder if you could keep laptop mode off and adjust your graphics settings to avoid some of the lag.  Perhaps try adjusting your settings according to the first post in this thread and see if that helps.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 163 of 194 (1,354 Views)

black streaks in hair and shiny in cas

★★★ Newbie

My computer doesn't have the laptop option and there are black streaks in the hair in game and then it's shiny in CAS when it isn't supposed to be and I don't know why.

Message 164 of 194 (1,378 Views)

Re: black streaks in hair and shiny in cas

Hero (Retired)

@yourBeautiful12  Does the hair come with the game? Is the hair cc (custom content)? Does your computer have a gaming video chip?

Message 165 of 194 (1,344 Views)

Re: black streaks in hair and shiny in cas

Hero
@yourBeautiful12 I merged your post with the main thread. The laptop option should be in graphics options of the game.

If that doesn't help, you should probably just use other cc hair.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 166 of 194 (1,330 Views)

cc hair has blonde streaks MacBook Air

★★★ Newbie

I recently got MacBook Air and decided to download sims 4 and add cc and mods to my game. when I am in cas, there are no issues with cc hair but once I begin playing, all of my cc hair has blonde streaks through it and it is blocky. I have turned off laptop mode and I am still having this issue. can anyone please help?

Message 167 of 194 (1,329 Views)

cc hair

★★★★★ Novice

I have some hair mods installed but it seems ok in the game but on the emotion overlay it is showing as blonde streaks. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 168 of 194 (1,262 Views)

Re: cc hair

★★★ Pro

@nko89 What graphics setting are you using in game low medium or high.

Message 169 of 194 (1,240 Views)

Re: cc hair

★★★★★ Novice

@Rachelharris31 I am using low medium settings on the game

Message 170 of 194 (1,503 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help