Re: Sims 4 Demo Requirements Changed?

by reionnalynne

Original Post

Hero

It's a bit weak and you might run into issues with the game itself, especially when you add expansions but it's better than what I tried it on and that work (on low but it works).

If you buy the game on Origin, you have 24 hours to try it out and if doesn't work, you can give it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (375 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, when I ran Sims 3, it worked fine until I started adding expansions. That's when it would lag and shut down.

Do you think an issue might be that I don't have the Intel Duo-Core? I have AMD Radeon, but that's the only thing that shows up in my disk driver section. I noticed other people have, for example, NVIDIA as well as Intel. Is that something that might help, or is the Intel Duo-Core not totally necessary?
Message 12 of 19 (370 Views)

Hero

You have to distinguish between dedicated graphic cards and on-board graphic chips. Intel are usually chips, AMD have both and Nvidia are mostly cards. Yours seems to be an integrated chip. Integrated chips are slower and have less power and hence they are weaker.

Duo-Core usually refers to the processor and duo-cores are usually pretty old. Today 4-8 cores are standard. I don't know how well Sims 4 supports multiple processors though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (353 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh okay. I was just curious, because I noticed that, on the Sims 4 requirements, it says "Dual Core AND SSE 2 required." I thought that SSE 2 were microprocessors that added on to the main processor. Also, it says that computers using chipsets are required to have the Intel Core 2 Duo. If my graphics are integrated chips, does that requirement apply to me?
Message 14 of 19 (348 Views)

Hero

Not sure where you have that SSE requirement from but yes, 

AMD and Intel are different but 2.8 dual should be ok even with an integreted chip. Not spectacular but ok.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (331 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 CAS demo isn't working?

★★★ Newbie
I Cant Even Download Mine Off Origin Frown
Message 16 of 19 (322 Views)

Hero

What error are you getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (320 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to download it, it says i'm not logined in which is weird because I am! I've been looking forward to the Sims 4 for a LONG time. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to get it either. Frown 

Message 18 of 19 (288 Views)

Hero

Make sure your firewall and antivirus aren't blocking the connection.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (285 Views)