Re: The Sims 4 Auntonomy Problems

by weebl_101

Original Post

The Sims 4 Auntonomy Problems

★★★★★ Novice

I have been having an issue at the moment with autonomy not working in my current house. It has only been since the Ghost Patch that this has been happening. When I play my game, my Sims just stand there, the only autonomy they show is when a need has to be filled, once the interaction of filling that need is completed they will stand there again, doing nothing.

I have tried many things to try and fix the issue, resetting the game, repairing the game through origin, deleting save files.. but nothing seems to work. If I move the household to a new house, autonomy will work again, but if I go back to the house that I made, again it will become unresponsive.

I have been discussing the issue with some people on MTS, as I thought this was a mod, a member there tried the following three scenarios: (they used my save files)

First test...

- I disabled not only my mod but all I have.
- Then I moved your family to a totally *new* home.
- Everything is fine, everybody is using the interior, chatting, having a good time.
- If I move them to an empty lot instead they instantly pull out their cell phones.

Second test...

- I enable all my mods including my own.
- I move them to a new home.
- Everything works fine (my mod is enabled).
- But it's a *different house*.

Third test (and this is the kicker)...

- I disable all my mods again and I even restarted my computer for that.
- I move your family to a new home.
- I move them back to your house.
- And then again with *no mods whatsoever* I get this strange behavior with no one talking to each other and basically doing nothing at all.

Another member stated that:

I just wanted to chime in here that I had the exact same problem, but not with this mod. I downloaded the "industrial warehouse" LOT, and anytime they were in that house autonomy turned off. Creator said she was having the some problem when she downloaded the house - she thought it might have been because she uploaded the house while her Sims were in it? Anyway, it's the house, not FlorianPTME's mod

It was stated that they think it might have to do with the house being large with a lot of empty space, but I did not have this issue previous to the latest patch.

Do you have any ideas why this would be doing this? Any possible fix?

Message 1 of 11 (5,455 Views)

Hero

It might be something in the house. Maybe they wanna interaction with a certain something but can't since something is in the way. MIrrors are a big issue.

So you might wanna go through the house, room by room and deleting everything in it (don't save) and see if it starts working again. There's a thread about this on the bug fourm (not sure if you posted there or not, can't remember all the user names) but one user said it was some object in their house which the Sims tried to use. Removing that solved the issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (5,412 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Crin,

Thanks for the reply, tried all that... even tried just plopping random objects in the house in different sections to see if they would react and go use something, but alas nothing..

I downloaded a completely different house, and it works fine, for some reason it's that one specific house. Someone replied on the MTS forums saying that they had the same issue with an industrial lot they downloaded from the gallery.

I posted the same post in the Maxis Simulation Tech Talk and one of the Gurus kindly responded they have downloaded the lot and are going to look into it..

Thanks Again

Message 3 of 11 (5,401 Views)

Hero

It does sound like it's something with the lot.

Hopefully the gurus find the issue. 

Not sure if there's anything else I can do for you at this point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (5,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi weebl_101,

I was wondering if you solved your autonomy problem, I'm facing the same issue but with a basegame lot ! (the "flatemates household") ?

My sims juste stand there just like you described and it's really annoying haha !

Thanks anyway !

Message 5 of 11 (5,329 Views)

Hero

Just that one lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (5,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Crinrict,

It seems that the issue has fixed itself ! All I did was quitting and lauching the game. I really don't get it !

Thanks for your quick response anyway Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (5,324 Views)

Hero

Glad it is Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (5,320 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been looking through threads to find out if anyone has actually successfully solved the issue, which I've just experienced in my own game.

I was able to fix mine, and if it helps anyone else who happens to stumble upon this reply to a 5-year-old thread, here's what I did:

1) Locate the Last Exception file (usually lastexception.txt) and upload it to lastexception.com.

• This should tell you what mods or CC are broken or outdated.

2) Delete broken/outdated files.

• You can find updated versions of them and paste those back into your mods folder, if there are any updates for them. Otherwise, likely better to just play the game without them anyway, if it solves the autonomy issue.

3) Re-open the game using another household.

• You might not have to do this, but I did it just to try my luck since several other attempts prior to doing these three steps I did with the same household that was having the issue in the first place.
  • Go back to Manage Worlds and select to play the original household, if you'd like to go back to your gameplay before experiencing the autonomy issue.

FYI: The problem with mine likely resulted from downloading and using the Road to Fame Mod. I hadn't experienced any other issues before I tried it out.
FYI, part 2: Incidentally, the RTF mod files weren't the ones indicated by last exception, but the website also lists "unknown errors." In which case, it may be smart to (on top of deleting the ones it lists out) get rid of the mods/CC you downloaded within the timeframe of experiencing the issue.

Message 9 of 11 (3,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I do not know whether the autonomy problem has been fix since 2015 if it has then the problem has returned. The game worked before the february update. I have installed,repaired and removed both the origin and sims completely from the completely and cleaned the computer.

Please do anyone have any ideas ?

Message 10 of 11 (2,806 Views)