Re: The Sims 4 AND Origin comPatibilty with WINDOWS 8

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 4 AND Origin comPatibilty with WINDOWS 8

★★ Novice

First I'd like to say, I'm only here for the SIMS4.

Problem: I just tried installing Origin on my all-in-one win8 pc and after download, I got error "...cannot dowload..download latest verion here.." which gave me a link for a new file to download. So after I downloaded "OriginThinSetup", which apparently does not work with my computer, I was promted to download "OriginSetup.exe" which is about 3x the size of the first file. Okay, this didn't bother me too much.

While waiting for the new file to download and after much snooping on your website, I see that Origin is not compatible with Windows 8 while the SIMS 4 is set to work well on this platform..my question is, will I waste time and money purchasing and downloading Origin and Sims 4, and if so, should I just purchase the disc version to avoid any complications?

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (231 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Moved to Sims 4 forums
Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

Hero

@Jelebean411 Origin works on Windows 8. Did you get an error installing it now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)