The Sims 3

by kurovice

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Sims 3

★ Novice

I can't run The Sims 3. He wants to download Origin, even though I have downloaded it

Message 1 of 5 (900 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3

@kurovice  That often happens with mismatched registry entries, so you'll need to uninstall Sims 3, clean your computer's registry, and reinstall.  If you're not comfortable editing the registry yourself—removing the wrong entry can prevent your computer from working properly—you can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (857 Views)

All Replies

@kurovice  Have you registered your copy of Sims 3 in Origin, and can you just download it from your game library?  That's a simpler approach than installing via disc.

Message 2 of 5 (891 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you.
When I download the game from the Origin, the game will write me Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x065d0274).
Message 3 of 5 (864 Views)

@kurovice  That often happens with mismatched registry entries, so you'll need to uninstall Sims 3, clean your computer's registry, and reinstall.  If you're not comfortable editing the registry yourself—removing the wrong entry can prevent your computer from working properly—you can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine).

Message 4 of 5 (858 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much.
Message 5 of 5 (842 Views)