The Sims 3

by bodaccia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3

★★ Apprentice

Game: TS3

Issue(s): Unable to use 'Design Tool' to customize color or pattern, not even in CAS mode. Just gives me a static load screen that says it's "Materializing Materials"?

Also experiencing issues with downloading purchased items from TS3 Store. Installer gives me an error msg that reads that the install failed, and I need to insure that I have the latest software

Message 1 of 5 (225 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@bodaccia  Just because a computer doesn't meet minimum requirements doesn't mean the game won't run but could have issues at any time. Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with the Sims 3 and Sims 4 games. Sometimes a desktop can be upgraded by adding a graphics card but your motherboard does not have a video slot. The cpu is weak by today's versions. The only thing I can recommend is a new (or newer) gaming computer as upgrading that computer would exceed the worth.

BTW I'm Robert A. and have been a computer gamer since Willie Crowther wrote the Colossal Cave Adventure.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (193 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@bodaccia Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 5 (203 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi Roberta, Ty for responding! I have a 2013 HP 110-023W Desktop PC w/W10 OS (Home), version 1607. My computer is old by computer standards I know, but I've never had a bit of trouble with it except TS3. TS4 works great lol, I just don't like it.Embarrassed I have 7.87 gigs of usable RAM on board with a standard vanilla Intel HD Graphics card  I can download in game btw's (just happened today), but not with installer. Still can't use the design tool tho, and honestly, the ease of customization with color change/pattern options is why I love TS3. Without that, its the same as TS4, so any help you can provide would be awesome. Thanks again

Bodaccia

Message 3 of 5 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@bodaccia  Just because a computer doesn't meet minimum requirements doesn't mean the game won't run but could have issues at any time. Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with the Sims 3 and Sims 4 games. Sometimes a desktop can be upgraded by adding a graphics card but your motherboard does not have a video slot. The cpu is weak by today's versions. The only thing I can recommend is a new (or newer) gaming computer as upgrading that computer would exceed the worth.

BTW I'm Robert A. and have been a computer gamer since Willie Crowther wrote the Colossal Cave Adventure.

Message 4 of 5 (194 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Robert A, I am so embarrassed & so sorry. Please forgive my faux pas. As for my PC, as someone who has gamed for as long as you have, what PC would you recommend? I am on a VERY limited budget, so am looking for the cheapest one that will run both TS3 & 4 smoothly.  Please bear in mind that I am very ill, & am bed-ridden as well, so am unable to perform maintenance or upgrades. No pressure of course, but any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again,   Bodaccia

Message 5 of 5 (160 Views)