The Sims 3

by sarahrules107

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3

★★★ Novice

I have a graphics glitch on the Sims 3. When I zoom in enough the graphics on the sims are fine. However, when I zoom out the graphics only on the sims do not appear correctly. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue? Thank you. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 18 (188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3

★★★ Pro

My son has your card on his laptop. He cant play the newer ep's if he does not to install all of them.

Your card is listed here with yes it can play some and also a few of Maybe. And these are with older patches

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

I would try lowering your graphics for one and leaving it on Medium since we now have higher patches. I played on my old A10 AMD on med. My son plays his on Med. I did not have all ep's installed on my AMD.

How many EPs do you have installed and which ones? If you have all the newer ones Pets, Island Paradise, Into The Future, Seasons. Yor computer may not handle all of them causing graphic issues

It also states your driver has not been updated since 2012 so you want to update your video card.

Use this for dirver update

http://www.official-drivers.com/installer/?seed=ati&act=update&desc=Latest&gclid=CO38lt27_74CFYqXOgo...

Step One choose Notebood graphics

Sept Two choose Radeon HD series

Step 3 search drivers put 7660d and your driver update will show up click on it and update your graphics card

View in thread

Message 16 of 18 (245 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Do you have any 3rd party custom content or Mods?

Mac or PC?

If PC What kind video card do you have? This game requires certain video cards besides other requirements to play the game

Message 2 of 18 (187 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use a PC. But, I don't know what kind of video card I have. How do you find that out?

Message 3 of 18 (185 Views)

★★★ Novice

And no I don't have any mods or custom content but I do have expansions. 

Message 4 of 18 (183 Views)

★★★ Pro

Im going to need you to post a DxDiag. To gather a Dxdiag on your computer windows key + R Key . This will open your run box. type dxdiag, hit ok ,let it load and save a copy to desktop. Post the whole report here. Yes it is a long report and you will have to do this in several posts.

Message 5 of 18 (182 Views)

★★★ Novice

do u want me too post syatem, display, sound 1, sound 2, and input?

Message 6 of 18 (179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

For now if you want just post me the beginning where it lists your operating system, CPU and video card into which is all listed above the auto drivers. Your OS, CPU and video card are at the beginning of the report

Message 7 of 18 (175 Views)

★★★ Novice

Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, build 9200)           < Operating system

It does not say the cpu, os, or video card. 

Message 8 of 18 (170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I need your DxDiag, windows Key+ R Key will open your run box. type dxdiag, hit ok, let it load and save a copy to desktop. post a copy of the report here. Its a large report the begining of iit should tell me your Operating system CPU , your video card . , if the driver is updated etc. I need to see all that

Message 9 of 18 (167 Views)

★★★ Novice

System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 6/16/2014, 14:32:29 Machine name: SARAH-PC Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: LENOVO System Model: 10117 BIOS: I7KT11AUS Processor: AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7360MB RAM Page File: 2388MB used, 6122MB available Windows Dir: C:\windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found.

Message 10 of 18 (163 Views)