Re: The Sims 3 wont launch

by roberta591

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@SarahSykes1314  need the whole dxdiag. Just attach the file using the paper clip.

Message 11 of 16 (301 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 It won't let me attach the file, the file is 100% on my computer but when I try attaching the file it says it doesn't exist, I have tried changing the type of file it is as well but still won't work but thank you for trying to help.

Message 12 of 16 (288 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SarahSykes1314  Click the browse next to the paper clip - click desktop - highlight the file - click open. 

Message 13 of 16 (283 Views)

★★ Novice

Well now it works,thank you @roberta591 for the help,always seems to work after a few tries and make a fool out of me.

Message 14 of 16 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thank you @SarahSykes1314.

You are using the old version of Origin then, right? That's what you were talking about when mentioning you had an old computer.

Using the old version of Origin shouldn't make a difference when playing. The main difference is that you need to use the website version of the Store.

Could you try to install the version of Origin available here: https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy ?

-Mai

Message 15 of 16 (271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SarahSykes1314  There are 3 things that may cause an issue.

1. Vista is no longer supported by Microsoft. If your program updates it may be using code that Vista no longer supports.

2. 150GTb system storage device is not enough space for the casual Windows user to manage correctly. 33.9 free space on the system drive is not enough free space for the Windows operating system. This can cause programs to run incorrectly.

3. 3Gb of main memory is low. With 64 bit operating systems becoming more common by the day, 4Gb should be minimum with 8Gb should be normal for gaming.

4. The Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 is very weak for this game.

5. the video driver is very old but may be the latest available for your computer - needs to be checked.

Message 16 of 16 (256 Views)