Re: The Sims 3 won't work on my macbook air

by mkt0009

Original Post

The Sims 3 won't work on my macbook air

★★ Novice

I recently got a Macbook Air. I downloaded Origin Client and registered my Sims 3 game and my Generations expansion pack and University Life. The game wouldn't even start up. The Sims 3 launcher would pop up, I would hit play, and then the game would prepare to launch, but never actually did. I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled only the Sims 3 with no expansions and am still having the same issue. Someone please help!!

Message 1 of 6 (4,512 Views)

Hi @mkt0009,

Can you provide more info about your Mac?

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Is your game updated? Latest version is 1.67.
- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 6 (4,502 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @fons_garmo,

My operating system is OS X Yosemite version 10.10.4

It is a MacBook Air 11 inch early 2015

Processor is 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory is 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics are Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

I'm not running any antivirus because the people at the apple store said it has antivirus built into the hard drive already, and no I don't have Spotify, Dropbox or anything like that.

Yes, my game is updated to the latest version

And I'm not very good with technology so I don't know what CC/Mods are haha

Message 3 of 6 (4,488 Views)

@mkt0009,

Are you installing from Origin or from discs?

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"
Please note I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. / Ten en cuenta que no trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 6 (4,482 Views)

★★ Novice

@fons_garmo ,

I'm installing from Origin. I can't use discs on my macbook

Message 5 of 6 (4,445 Views)

@mkt0009

Intel Iris / Intel HD 6000 is not supported by The Sims 3. The game can run with issues or, like your case, it can't even launch.

If you would like to play the game on your Mac with these graphics you have to edit the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files. Instructions can be found here. Whilst this fix is working for some, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Message 6 of 6 (4,437 Views)