The Sims 3 woes

by ShanEnri

Original Post

The Sims 3 woes

★ Apprentice

For weeks now I have searched, asked, contacted anyone/everyone everywhere and have found no solution. If there is someone out there who cares enough to help...? A couple weeks ago my game had some kind of weird update, I say weird because only a few have had this update. I'm at patch 1.69, so according to a few people there have been no updates. I say update but it was like Origin said here have this game on us, but the game was Sims 3 which I already own. Ever since I have had a couple of problems. The most troubling is my sims 3 store content will NOT stay installed. The other is My sims 3 game has doubled as well as the Late Night ep and High End Loft sp. I'll try to include screenshots. Any and all help is more than welcome. I have contacted EA and because you always get someone different they just go around in circles. I'm so tired of this after almost 3 weeks now and am about ready to give up. I'm on an HP laptop running windows 10 64 bit. I own all eps and sps (excluding the Katy Perry one). 

Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 woes

Hero (Retired)

@ShanEnri  The Store content needs to be downloaded from the same account (login) as Origin. As this is an open public forum account specifics can not be accessed here. It appears someone may have merged your account with another or activated a new duplicate game on your account. Again only EA customer service can access your account and see what is the issues - link - EA custumer service

Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)

★ Apprentice

@roberta591   Thank you for replying. I called EA 7-12 and they did not even try to address the issue of the duplicates. They did acknowledge it but were more concerned over the store content not staying installed. I'm so tired of all this! If I buy the discs can I bypass Origin altogether? 

Message 3 of 4 (317 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShanEnri  yes and no - you can install the base game from disc and do not patch and ALL dlc needs to be installed from disc. The software on the discs is dated. If you want digital download from the store or Origin you will need to have the game in Origin and be patched to version 1.69. The game was released in 2009 with SecuROM and SafeDisc for DRM. SecuROM and SafeDisc were poorly supported and Windows 10 and El Capitan will not support SecuROM and SafeDisc. This basically forced EA to use different DRM which is Origin since 2012. As far as the store content - your base game HAS to be in Origin and be version 1.69. The DLC (store items) may need to be deleted and redownloaded from the store items to work properly. I don't think the double icon (do they have the same code?) is a problem as you can hide one and your library would look normal. I bought my game in 2009 and it is now in Origin and I have no issues with the game. I always patched my game and then Origin automatically detected my game and patched it to version 1.69 and patched all the packs (i thought it was the end of the world but when it started working again everything worked - it took a while).

hth

Message 4 of 4 (312 Views)