Re: The Sims 3 store purchase error, cost double the Sims Points.

by FurryOldGuyJeans

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 store purchase error, cost double the Sims Points.

★ Apprentice

I made a Daily Deal purchase at the Sims 3 store, the Adventurous Life! content, and my purchase history at the store shows I purchased the content twice, charging me double the Sim Points.  Is there any way to get a refund on the second purchase that happened?  The Sims 3 store site had technical issues that showed "we'll be right back" when I tried to buy the content.

Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)

Accepted Solution

@FurryOldGuyJeans  Yes, EA customer support can restore the points.  You may need to be persistent—not all support reps understand the issue, and two of the times this happened to me, it took some explaining to get what I needed.  But support can in fact give you back the points you lost.

It helps to NOT refer to this as a refund, either when choosing a category of help request or when doing the live chat.  The term "refund" seems to make people think you want to refund the purchase price of whatever points bundle you bought, which is not possible to grant, rather than getting back the points from a double-charge.

It may help to upload screenshots of your store purchase history, showing two copies of Adventurous Life, and your order history from ea.com, which is a bit cryptic but should show that you were charged points for two identical orders.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You can instead try EA Help on Twitter or Facebook if you prefer.

If you don't get anywhere with support, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (243 Views)

All Replies

@FurryOldGuyJeans  Yes, EA customer support can restore the points.  You may need to be persistent—not all support reps understand the issue, and two of the times this happened to me, it took some explaining to get what I needed.  But support can in fact give you back the points you lost.

It helps to NOT refer to this as a refund, either when choosing a category of help request or when doing the live chat.  The term "refund" seems to make people think you want to refund the purchase price of whatever points bundle you bought, which is not possible to grant, rather than getting back the points from a double-charge.

It may help to upload screenshots of your store purchase history, showing two copies of Adventurous Life, and your order history from ea.com, which is a bit cryptic but should show that you were charged points for two identical orders.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

You can instead try EA Help on Twitter or Facebook if you prefer.

If you don't get anywhere with support, please let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (244 Views)

★ Apprentice

The issue was solved quickly during a live support chat, no need to be persistent.  The live support chat tech was able to access my store account and see what the problem was.

It was annoying when the store website had a glitch and displayed a "be right back" error message as I was trying to SimPoint purchase the content.

Thanks for the reply, all is Simmy again. Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help