Re: The Sims 3: 'script error 0' comes up when I start the game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 3: 'script error 0' comes up when I start the game

★★★ Novice

If I then go on to play faults occur.   How do I sort this out please?

Message 1 of 7 (615 Views)

@suecorn13349  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech forum.

Where in the loading process do you see the error?  What do you mean when you say "faults occur"?  It would help to know exactly what's happening in your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (594 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's the screen that comes up after filling in ones email address and password.   When I click the arrow to start the game the message comes up about a script error (error 0) and asks if I wish to continue running scripts.

As for the errors that occur they are so diverse and random that it is hard to describe them.

Message 3 of 7 (552 Views)

@suecorn13349  Do you mean when you try to sign into the launcher—the initial Sims 3 screen with the big Play button?  If so, don't sign in; it's not necessary.  There have been issues recently with the launcher trying to connect to nonexistent Facebook accounts or something, but the game will play the same regardless of whether you sign in or not.

As for the other errors, I really can't help you without more information.  There are just too many different kinds of errors to be able to help without some idea of what's happening in the first place.

Message 4 of 7 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictHi, I am having the same issues when trying to load the game. When the Launcher opens I instantly get a script error relating to connecting to Facebook. This only just started today and I have not been doing anything differently that I wouldn't normally do. My game still opens but I experience really bad freezing and lagging every couple of seconds and it makes it impossible to play the game! I have tried everything I can find from changing the settings in the game to deleting origin and nothing is working. Do you have any ideas?

Message 5 of 7 (521 Views)

@carolinethomsonx  I don't know why this would have started now, or if the Facebook-related error has anything to do with it.  The easiest way to find out though is to play while completely offline, as in, disable your computer's wifi and/or pull the ethernet cable.  If you use Origin, sign in first, then put Origin in offline mode. You won't be able to login to the launcher or at the Main Menu, but the game itself should work exactly the same.  Let me know whether it helps.

Message 6 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There have been a number of Simmers with this problem.  Some have stated as such under a different title including me.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-Delete-or-Upload-To-The-Exhange/m-p/8318018#M238...

Message 7 of 7 (468 Views)