Re: The Sims 3 says I need to update but it's already updated????

by Newkirks74

Original Post

The Sims 3 says I need to update but it's already updated????

★★★ Newbie

When I open the Sims 3 launcher first a blurb pops up and says "Unable to connect to Origin." Then when I try to download something from the exchange a blurb pops up that says "Oops! It looks like the item you are trying to download requires an update to you game. To update your game, click the 'Game Updates' button of your launcher and follow the instructions." So then I go to the "Game Updates" panel and it says I'm up to date. When I click "refresh" it says "Unable to connect with Origin." again. I am so tired of trying to fix this so PLEASE help me.

Things that might be important to fix it: Ever since I bought the game from Best Buy it has said "Unable to connect to Origin."; to fix another problem I had made a copy of the game and kept the original with the name "The Sims 3_backup"; I did that yesterday and now "Oops! It looks like the item..." pops up when I try to download something, before I made the copy that didn't happen; It seems like I am connected to my the Sims 3 account from the launcher because my avatar is shown, but when I enter the game it says I can't log in because I need to update the game.

Problems that probably can't be fixed: I have the Sims 3 pets and when I try to make a dog or a cat their faces are much darker and thinner than the rest of their body, and the original copy of the game doesn't load when I enter create a household.

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 4 (5,294 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Okay, I'm going to deal with this in points - just  to make life easier for myself and you

1. You need to be updated to 1.67 - try downloading the super patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858
  2. Look here for information concerning Unable to Connect to Origin 
  3. With distorted pets: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/10/error-distorted-animals.html

Some technical questions from me:

Message 2 of 4 (5,277 Views)

★ Novice
Hold your power button down till screen shuts down, once unlocked, go to origin and origin then a sims update request will appear
Message 3 of 4 (4,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaitlynDiaz Thank you. I was getting very frustrated trying to get on my game. This worked.
Message 4 of 4 (2,577 Views)