The Sims 3 panel gone missing!

by immortal164

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 panel gone missing!

★ Novice

I am having the EXACT same problem, it made me give up playing - after 2 or 3 saves, the game gets corrupted like this. It totally ruined it for me. I have all the expansion packs and some stuff packs, but the problem appears even if i use just some of them. I understand that Sims 4 is launched now, but... EA... i paid you a lot of money for Sims 3 and all it's stuff, I wanna play it! I wasn't able to enjoy a big part of the latest expansions (like Paradise Island and Into the Future) because after a few hours in the game, after i save and exist I come back to this. Is anyone going to do something about this?!

Message 11 of 16 (3,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Im probably the only one that actually fixed the problem without deleting anything or moving the family out or anything like that. To save anyone the trouble I contacted the EA customer service reps 3 times before they really understood the problem and could help me. Finally they suggested I download CCleaner (the free version). I was shooketh that it actually worked cause I mean it was my third time contacting them and nothing worked. So if your game panels looks like the attached picture try downloading the CCleaner. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner 

Edit: Its now happened to me for the second time and the CCleaner isnt working anymore to fix my problem.  

Message 12 of 16 (3,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I have literally tried every suggested solution to this problem.

Any idea how the CCleaner helped fix the panel? 

EDIT--

It didn't work! I have accepted the fact that all of my current family save file may be corrupted. Oh well. Frown

Message 13 of 16 (3,768 Views)

★ Novice
Thos is the problem I'm having... the panel is there but the buttons are missing.
Message 14 of 16 (3,700 Views)

★★ Novice
Then it's not quite the same problem you had, TAB is to enter the cinematic camera mode c:
Message 15 of 16 (3,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Download Panel Portrait (i forget where) - with the master control - in map mode click on the courthouse and reset panel portrait

Message 16 of 16 (2,524 Views)