The Sims 3 not launching

by Laurenrob16

Original Post

The Sims 3 not launching

★★★ Newbie

I have just installed The sims 3 on my new laptop and the game will not launch, it goes to origin then minimises the app then opens it back up again. I have tried reinstalling DirectX9 and that still hasn't solved my problem. Please Help!

Message 1 of 3 (423 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 not launching

Hero (Retired)

@Laurenrob16 The Sims 3 launcher needs .net framework 3.5. to run. This is included with Windows 10 but new computers need to activate it. Go to type here to search and enter control panel - programs - programs and features - turn Windows features on or off - click on .NET framework 3,5. Then click OK. Let Windows install .NET framework. Reboot computer and try game.

Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 not launching

[ Edited ]

@Laurenrob16  While you don't have a 12th-generation Intel Core processor, your dxdiag lists the same errors that people with that CPU have.  So it's worth trying the interventions that have worked for those players.  You can run the patch made by Lazy Duchess:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

If that doesn't work, or you'd prefer to start with a different approach, you can test whether this is in fact the underlying issue by opening the Task Manager and setting CPU affinity for TS3.exe to one core.  Performance will be pretty bad, but it's a useful diagnostic test.

I will say though that you're not likely to get great in-game performance out of this laptop even if this particular issue is addressed.  Both the processor and its graphics chip are far under the requirements to run most or all expansion packs with any success, although running only the base game and a couple of early packs may be fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (373 Views)