Re: The Sims 3 launcher won't launch.

by SandArcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 launcher won't launch.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The game won't launch, there is no option to repair game. When I try to bypass the launcher by going through programs 86 it says this  "EP ( Future World ) is not compatible this version of The Sms 3, please update base game  through launcher ( which, of course, can't be done ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already tried the super patch, it did not work but thank you fir your time.

Message 1 of 7 (394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 launcher won't launch. SOLVED

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I fixed the problem. Maybe this will work for someone else.

I don't know what caused the problem but I do know what the problem was. I went into program 86 an started looking at all of the Sims 3 game files.

They were all empty. There were no cache files, or packaged files or any files. In some cases there wasn't even a world listed that was supposed to be there. Also all of the document files ( saves, downloads, etc. ) were blank too.

I fixed this problem by putting in all of my original disks ( I had been using the DDL ) and copying all the info in all the files on every disk into my game files. I was lucky enough to have a copy of all my saves & downloads on an external flash. This was all very tedious but worth it. I played it all night and turned it on the next day just to be sure and it still worked and didn't crash even once. Of course, this will only work if you have the disks but I'm sure some others have this problem.

Thank you for your time, maybe you can use this solution to help someone else.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (357 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@akaniki please download and install the super patch. If it asks if you want to overwrite your current game version, say "yes." The super patch can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Let me know how it goes!

Message 2 of 7 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know if you got my response or not, I added it as a tag ( I'm really bad at knowing how to do any communications ). I had already done the super patch thing, it did  not work.

Today I went through every sims3 icon and some of them had the repair option, so I repaired them. I even had to re-purchase supernatural ( 20 bucks was worth it if it would fix it ). So, 2 hours later I was sure this would fix them, no such luck. When I start the game ( with or without the launcher ) I get this message:  Service initialization failed ( 0x039e8487 )

I tried searching these numbers to find out exactly what is causing the problem, no luck there either.

Just wanted to update you on this. If you find or hear of a solution please contact me.

I appreciate your time and effort and did apply your XP. Thank you.                                                                                                                                                                        

Message 3 of 7 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I fixed the problem. Maybe this will work for someone else.

I don't know what caused the problem but I do know what the problem was. I went into program 86 an started looking at all of the Sims 3 game files.

They were all empty. There were no cache files, or packaged files or any files. In some cases there wasn't even a world listed that was supposed to be there. Also all of the document files ( saves, downloads, etc. ) were blank too.

I fixed this problem by putting in all of my original disks ( I had been using the DDL ) and copying all the info in all the files on every disk into my game files. I was lucky enough to have a copy of all my saves & downloads on an external flash. This was all very tedious but worth it. I played it all night and turned it on the next day just to be sure and it still worked and didn't crash even once. Of course, this will only work if you have the disks but I'm sure some others have this problem.

Thank you for your time, maybe you can use this solution to help someone else.

Message 4 of 7 (358 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@akaniki thank you so much for posting your solution! It's great to hear that you sorted it out and that you are now enjoying the game! 

Happy simming and let me know if you ever need help with anything else Standard smile 

Message 5 of 7 (318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If i install the super patch and it asks me to overwrite will i lose my saved games?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7 (285 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@chukunbruth   if your worried about loosing saves and such back up your stuff first http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/faq-what-files-should-i-backup.html

Message 7 of 7 (280 Views)