The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

by Ricarde_Official

Original Post

Re: EA App down - Login did not go as planned

★★ Apprentice

Still not working for me at 10:30 Eastern Time, Feb 26, 2023.  EA needs to go back to the original Loader from ORIGIN, or suffer countless bad reviews from frustrated players.

Message 71 of 298 (1,317 Views)

Re: sims 3 won't launch on ea app

@AlestSims  Please generate a new error report and post the new report ID so I can flag the issue again.

@Miah2763  What issue are you having?  It would help to know exactly what you're seeing rather than just that the suggestions in other posts don't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 72 of 298 (1,434 Views)

Re: EA App failing to launch Sims 3

★★★★ Novice

@Capt_Odee same with me, hopefully they fix it soon

Message 73 of 298 (1,346 Views)

@KyThePotato  A couple of people have had success uninstalling Sims 3 and installing it into a different folder than the first time around.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 74 of 298 (1,331 Views)

Re: sims 3 won't launch on ea app

★★★★★ Novice

82007eb6-ec68-429c-baab-1ed58ba60783

Message 75 of 298 (1,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Okay I'll try doing that 

Message 76 of 298 (1,419 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

★★★ Novice

I'm getting the exact same error message after being forced from Origin to EA App. I've tried unloading and re-loading all the games. EA error report: 33388dcf-b138-4529-9fe4-d339b4988ba8

Untitled.jpg

Message 77 of 298 (1,451 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Rachel5411,

You'll need to reach out to an advisor at www.Help.EA.com for assistance on this one, as it's an account related issue that we'll need to verify your account ownership to resolve.
EACade
Message 78 of 298 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi

Thanks for replying. I've just got off the phone with EA help and been told that if uninstalling and reinstalling my games didn't work then there is nothing they can do. The issue is known to them and I have just got to wait for them to fix it! 

I've had so many issues with Sims3 over the last few months which were resolved when I went from using the EA app back to Origin and now that I can't use Origin there are more issues again! 

Message 79 of 298 (1,435 Views)

@Rachel5411 I was talking to 5 advisors or more, and they've told me the same or that I need to clear cache files which I have done about 10 times already. None of them helped me. One of them told me that EA Legal Team will contact me and of course they never contacted me.
Message 80 of 298 (1,461 Views)