The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

by Ricarde_Official

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Launcher won't open 2-17-23

@avickiehilaire  Are you launching the game from its desktop shortcut, from the Sims 3 product page (what you see when you click Sims 3 in My Collection), or from the list of installed games on the left?  The last one shows a Play button if you hover over the name.  Whichever you're using, please try the others, and clear the EA App's cache in between:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 298 (907 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I downloaded and installed the sims again I missed the desktop option or unchecked it so I have to launch it from the EA app. I clear the cache in between each launch everytime, I try from the list on the left and from the My Collections page. 
Since I don’t have the desktop shortcut I did try to launch it from that folder in program files (TS3 I think it’s called, and I found instructions to find it when I had the launcher on my desktop and that did work before I started this thread, so I knew how to find it without the desktop icon) but all of them give me that same error message. 😞 it’s like EA and the sims 3 broke up or something 😩

Message 32 of 298 (898 Views)

@avickiehilaire  Find Sims3Launcher.exe and TS3.exe within the game's program files, and make sure that they are NOT set to run as administrator.  Right-click each one and select Properties to see the option.

Message 33 of 298 (888 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict When I click both of them, neither have anything checked off in the compatibility tab that has that “run as administrator” option.
Message 34 of 298 (875 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

@puzzlezaddict Yes, it is listed, but this shows while trying to launch;

EA Desktop App Bug #4.png

Message 35 of 298 (1,586 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I just realized the game files are showing up in origin not EA Games or Electronic Arts in the program files
Message 36 of 298 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Ricarde_Official,

Could you run the EA Error Reporter and post the report ID here as well so we can gather some data to see what's happening behind the scenes?

EACade
Message 37 of 298 (1,545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem! 

Message 38 of 298 (1,534 Views)

@EA_Cade Report ID: fa9f35e2-1f5e-4f31-8d22-e1b7cde31f38
Message 39 of 298 (1,512 Views)

@avickiehilaire  Please create an EA App error report, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/the-sims-3-will-do-not-launch-in-the-ea-app/m-p/123283...

and post in that thread.  As you can see, EA_Cade is requesting information there; hopefully something will come of it.

When you switch to the EA App, the program files for already-installed games don't move, so a game installed into Origin Games will stay there.  However, if you installed fresh through the EA App and told the App to install elsewhere, but Sims 3 is still in Origin Games (or any other location you didn't choose), then that could definitely be a problem.

Message 40 of 298 (1,065 Views)