The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

by Ricarde_Official

Original Post

Re: sims 3 won't launch on ea app

★★★ Novice

Any updates on this?

It may be better if EA arent going to bother fixing their app, may I suggest just allowing us back on Origin again where everything worked like a dream? Or they need to refund every purchase we cannot access, this has been going on for far too long with no updates on fixing the problem

Message 281 of 298 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

If EA arent going to fix this problem, please can they just allow us to use Origin again, it worked flawlessly!

Or EA needs to refund every single game that is having this problem, for the full price we all paid

Message 282 of 298 (1,200 Views)

Re: EA App won't launch The Sims 3

★★★ Novice

Hello
Just checking back in to say that the game launched after I turned off the internet...That is not ideal. Don't know how to launch the game with the internet on. But at least I was able to work around my initial issue and got to the main menu screen of my game, ready to play.

Message 283 of 298 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Novice
@emilynrio I agree, yes. This is not the only issue I am having with this app. This is simply the worst, game-breaking issue that I had so far. And still I found no real fix, just a workaround. As with all the other issues, there are workarounds, but no real fixes. Customer support has done absolutely nothing to help.
Message 284 of 298 (1,179 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 is not launching anymore on EA Desktop App

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Is there any indication of what kind of issue this is and how long it might take for a fix to be implemented? Is it also affecting people who've purchased the game digitally? My keys are all from physical copies, and the game is on a different drive to the EA App, but others launch with no issue. The play button does nothing when the EA App is in offline mode. 

Edit: This is probably not of any help to anyone, but I've installed EA App and signed into the same account on my other PC where the game was already downloaded and installed with Origin. Got no error message. EA App asked for administrative privileges and the launcher opened fine.

Edit 2: Something is super unreliable here. I messed about in permissions and somehow got the game working on the original PC, but when I went back to the one it was working fine on, it removed Sims 3 from my installed games and told me someone on another account had installed it, then gave me the error. 

Message 285 of 298 (1,056 Views)

Re: the sims 3 wont launch with EA app

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i'm having the same issue with a lot of other people where EA app just gives me the "error on our end caused the launch to fail" error. All compatibility boxes were unchecked, i reinstalled directx 9 following the instructions that have been linked in this thread, and i played TS3 in october 2022 with no issue so i don't know why it won't launch now? my only thought is that it has something to do with the sims 4 which i started playing recently. i have attached a dxdiag in case that helps at all!

Message 286 of 298 (761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just found a file from 09/30/22 saying "User is not entitled to item. We're sorry, but you do not own the item you are trying to download." however EA App says the last time I played/launched it was october 12th 2022? i've only had one EA/Origin account my whole life and 333 hours logged for the game in the app so i'm just really confused right now lol

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 287 of 298 (755 Views)

@TheSnaxMaster  I've moved your posts to the master thread for the error message you're seeing.  (There are lots of Known Issues with Sims 3 right now.)  EA has fixed this issue for many affected players, but not all, as you can see from this thread.  It's unclear when another update will show up.

So for now, I'd suggest contacting EA customer support and asking about the status of your product codes, not only whether they're on your account but whether they're active and valid, rather than being disabled for some reason.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I would strongly suggest using the live chat option rather than email.  If you don't see it, change the location in your browser window to U.S. or U.K., or choose a slightly different category of issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 288 of 298 (728 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 won’t launch - EA tell me to speak to microsoft and ignore me

★★★ Newbie

Report ID: 42a5bf4a-d356-406d-9508-34c1a7c4b9c2

Sims 3 Won't launch at all tried everything 

Message 289 of 298 (693 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 won’t launch - EA tell me to speak to microsoft and ignore me

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I am currently having the same Error message “Failed To Launch Game An error on our end caused the launch to fail. Try again a little later.”

EA fix your app please. I’m a beyond annoyed customer and gamer. The sims 3 has worked before on this computer Hp Pavilion G series.

Message 290 of 298 (625 Views)