The Sims 3 is missing all store content purchased after updating.

by lost_dreamer_kc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 is missing all store content purchased after updating.

★ Novice

All store purchased content has stopped working. I recently updated my whole computer to windows 10 and the sims 3 itself updated as well. I can play the game and all content that is from the exchange still works. All store purchased content is missing. When I redownloaded the content to the launcher it looks like a brown box, and when I try to reinstall content it says: "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again."

This is very frustrating because I have spent countless amounts of money on store content. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Message 1 of 7 (5,274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 is missing all store content purchased after updating.

EA Staff

@lost_dreamer_kc Could you please make sure that the game is fully up to date by right clicking the Sims 3 game tile in Origin client and selecting 'Check for Updates'? Once you have made sure that the game is up to date, please run a repair on the game (right click the game tile again and select 'Repair game').

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,873 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@lost_dreamer_kc Could you please make sure that the game is fully up to date by right clicking the Sims 3 game tile in Origin client and selecting 'Check for Updates'? Once you have made sure that the game is up to date, please run a repair on the game (right click the game tile again and select 'Repair game').

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 7 (5,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did not upgrade to Windows 10, I have Windows 7 Professional with all latest updates. I had some game crashes and lost some original game content (a hairstyle that comes with the game), so I decided to reinstall The Sims 3 and all my EPs. When I started my game, my chicken coop turned into a round hay bale.

Ever since then, I can't install my store content. I get the error Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

I tried checking for updates and am up to date per Origin. I also ran the repair as suggested and it completed successfully. I tried installing the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop and get the same error. The icons for the downloaded content from the store is a small block instead of the correct picture for each item.

I tried copying the file from the download folder from a saved copy of The Sims 3 folder. I have the same problem. Can't install the store content at all.

Message 3 of 7 (5,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me Too!

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 4 GB of RAM, and plenty of Hard Disk space.

Migrating to Origin Client ...

Have tried Check for Update and Repair Game ... even removing all EPs and allowing them to re-install.

I have purchased most of the World content from store.sims3.com ...

... If I removed contents of "Installed Worlds" folder - it will allow me to re-install my World(s)

... Shows up under "Installed Content" - while I am still in "The Sims 3 Game Launcher"

... but disappears as soon as I exit "The Sims 3 Game Launcher"

... i.e. World(s) not on Main Menu, additional content not in-game

... ALSO not under "Installed Content" when I go back to "The Sims 3 Game Launcher"

Suspect I might need a "Store Update" to retain this content ... but not sure how to obtain and/or apply such?

ANY Suggestions?

Message 4 of 7 (5,222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My main issue resolved by deleting "The Sims 3" folder from the [documents]\Electronic Arts location.

Attemps to re-install previously downloaded "store content" - now gives me brown boxes, installer says "Success" - but download's aren't flagged as "installed" and content does not appear in the game, while it does appear to take up space in the new "The Sims 3" folder at [documents]\Electronic Arts.

Freshly downloaded "store content" however shows up just fine and works exactly as expected.

The "exchange content" - with the red star thumbnail/stamp - worked just fine before, during and after.

==>  Apparently "store content" from store.thesims3.com is version sensitive - and has issues with updates.  <==

I'm now looking for a solution to why one of the folders (FeaturedItems) in/under the new "The Sims 3" folder isn't re-filling?

Message 5 of 7 (5,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all the steps you said but still some downloaded content i had is missing and some worlds too!! The game sis starting normally but most of my content is missing HELP!!

Message 6 of 7 (4,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have done everything mentioned above plus some and still no store content in game. Come on EA I spent good money on this stuff and now I can't use it? Shows as installed until I'm actually in the game, exit out and in the launcher it shows as downloaded but not installed. I've repaired the game, deleted the entire sims folder, cleared browser history, even tried installing in game but all to no avail. Please fix this immediately as I was actually using some when this happened. Oh, my cc is just fine, just the store content seems to be affected.

*Edit*-Try this link it worked for me http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-store-content-will-not-install/td-p/46724

Message 7 of 7 (4,920 Views)