Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Exactly same here I have played Sims 3 for years and it was fine untill I got windows 10 since then I haven´t been able to play for years Frown  Has anyone found solution on this problem I mis playing it.

Message 1 of 6 (647 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working

[ Edited ]

@fanney759  I've split your comment into its own thread because the original thread was several years old.

The Sims 3 needs .NET 3.5, or some version close to it, to run properly.  Windows 10 should have .NET 3.5 installed, but it isn't always enabled by default.  You can turn it on by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off (or words to that effect; I can't check right now).  Just check the box for the closest .NET version to 3.5.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag on your computer and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).  There are plenty of reasons TS3 would crash, and the info in the dxdiag will help narrow things down considerably.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (635 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for that after doing all this it seems like that sims 3 is not compatible with windows 10. That is at leas what i read from the dignosis I saw. Don't know what to do now if that is actualy the reason.

Message 3 of 6 (618 Views)

@fanney759  I play Sims 3 on Windows 10, without any compatibility settings or any other workarounds, so it's definitely doable.

If you want to post your dxdiag, I can take a look at it and see if anything jumps out.

Message 4 of 6 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Perhaps you need to uninstall and re-install The Sims. I used to play on an old machine with Windows XP. I bought a new computer with Windows 10 on it and the contents of my old hard drive were copied over.

I copied my saved game folder over, but I completely re-installed the game on the new computer. Not sure if you did that, but it might be worth a try if you hadn't.

I have never had any issues with the game being incompatible with Windows 10. It can be very laggy sometimes now that I've installed many of the worlds and almost all of the DLC's, but it still works.

Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)

@DoofenshmirtzH  If you'd like help with the lag issues, feel free to open a thread and and ask.  It would be helpful to see a dxdiag; you can run one and attach the results to a post (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the world(s) in which you're playing—some of them have issues that could be contributing to the lag you're seeing.

Message 6 of 6 (594 Views)