The Sims 3 game missing and EA closes case without resolution

by sofmat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 game missing and EA closes case without resolution

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I need your support as EA only closes my case without any response or resolution. Since end of March I have tried to get support from EA help with my The Sims 3 as it has completely disappared from the EA app. I bought all my content before we moved from Origin to EA and after the move it was still visible. In march I noticed The Sims 3 was gone and I contacted EA help. They asked me to clear the cache and re-install the EA app, which I have done but it has not helped. I have tried contacting EA for support but they just closes my case without any response, which in itself is amazing how they do not care about me as a customer and I feel deceived by them.

Does anyone of you know how to get my The Sims 3 back? 

Thank you in advance!

BR

Sofmat

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 game missing and EA closes case without resolution

Community Manager

Hi there @sofmat,

Did you originally purchase The Sims 3 directly through Origin? Please review the Order History on your EA account and check for The Sims 3 there to verify if you're currently logging into the same EA account that you originally purchased your games on- it sounds like you may be logging into a different EA account than the account you had previously bought your content on. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have had this problem since March...after multiple form letters from EA (instead of actual help, they have decided it can't be fixed...so I am trying this on my own ( I did ask them at one time if this would work, but all I get is form letters, no answers.)

Anyway...I am on the way to a fix on my own. 

1.  uninstall all the apps from YOUR app list in your computer.

2.  Go to EA launcher and download Sims3 base game.

3. After that I tried one of my add-on...Pets, then Late Night...then the launcher seemed to balk at doing all that, so I took a chance and clicked the start for Sims3...WOW, first time I have seen that app on my screen since MARCH 11.   I am still going to try to load the other add-ons but I do have access to the game that I was playing.

BE AWARE - I got the blank black screen for several minutes...was not sure it was going to load.  After the Pets logo came on then it started to load but it took at least 10 minutes before the actual venue became available.  I had only one choice.....the venue I had renamed and was working on.  No other venues came showed and I think Appaloosa should have been there because it came with Pets.

I had almost all of my CC because I did not mess with any other files...just the un-install is all I did from my files.

PATIENCE, AND LOTS OF IT BECAUSE THE WAIT IS LOOOOONG.

IF THIS HELPS - PASS IT ON - WORTH A TRY

Message 2 of 3 (180 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there @sofmat,

Did you originally purchase The Sims 3 directly through Origin? Please review the Order History on your EA account and check for The Sims 3 there to verify if you're currently logging into the same EA account that you originally purchased your games on- it sounds like you may be logging into a different EA account than the account you had previously bought your content on. 

solaire.png

Message 3 of 3 (128 Views)