Re: The Sims 3 doesn't work and I have tried nearly everything

by roberta591

Original Post

The Sims 3 doesn't work and I have tried nearly everything

★ Novice

I am in desperate need of help! I have tried countless times to get this fine work of art to work again. I bought my sims 3 on steam a few months ago and the game worked fine then, it was very beautiful. then I factory reset my laptop which obviously deleted it, and then I downloaded it and ever since then I could not get the game to work, I have reinstalled it countless times, cleaned my registry and even downloaded a program for it, change the compatibility things on the app and expansion packs, and I even did that DEP thing as instructed by another website, and have updated my drivers. I have not discovered people with the same problem posting on websites. In the past when the game did work I had a few mods installed, then uninstalled them after because they were a waste of space.   I have no clue if this will help but here is what I've got :

System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2400 Mhz
Total Physical Memory: 7,633 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 9,692 MB

Graphics: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

Thank You

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bengreen2013  The game requires .net framework 3.5 - you can not use the download version for windows 10 - .net framework 3.5 is in windows 10 is in control panel - programs and features - turn windows features on or off.  Please post your computer's dxidag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag   thank you

Message 2 of 5 (385 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for replying!

Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly the .net framework 3.5 hasn't made a difference :'(

Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@bengreen2013  According to the dxdiag there is something wrong with .net framework.  d3d11.dll_unloaded could be .net framework 3.5 is not enabled. You can NOT use the download version - Windows 10 needs .net framework enabled as above and requires a square in the box to show .net framework 3.5 is enabled. Ts3w.exe requires .net framework to run. If the .net framework 3.5 is enabled I recommend to disable it (open box), click ok. If you installed a downloaded .net framework in programs and features - uninstall it. Reboot the computer. Download a program called ccleaner (there is a free version) and clean the registry. Then  enable .net framework 3.5. Reboot computer as this will load the .net framework dlls. Try game.

When there is a square in the box to enable .net framework THEN click ok.

Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)