The Sims 3 can't switch between worlds

by minhoe

Original Post

The Sims 3 can't switch between worlds

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys! My best friend actually has this problem but I've been with her on multiple occasions and watched it happen so I have a good sense of what's going on. I'm currently scouring the web to find solutions because I want her to be able to play her game again. This issue is just ruining it for her.

So, she can't move worlds while in-game. I mean moving sims to University, moving households to a new town, even once while she was in a custom CAS world viewing some custom content, going back to the main menu and loading up a save wouldn't work. There are no issues like no error messages pop up or anything but it takes AGES to load. Once she left the loading screen up for hours while trying to move her sim to University and it never loaded. She has a lot of custom content, yes, but we've both been playing TS3 for years with CC and this was never an issue. We haven't done much troubleshooting because that would take a ridiculously long time. I'd just like to know if anyone else has experienced this and could help. 

Message 1 of 2 (587 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 can't switch between worlds

EA app Team

Hi @minhoe,

I haven't had this issue, but let me try to help Standard smile

First thing I would try is if a clean and new save game has the same issue. To do so, please, follow these steps:

1. With the game closed, go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  2. Rename The Sims 3 folder as The Sims 3 loading issue
  3. Open the game. Your save games won't be there, but don't worry, they are safe in the folder we renamed.
  4. Create a new save game, and try to switch worlds.

Is the loading so long with this new and clean save game?

Welcome to Answers HQ!

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)