Re: The Sims 3 - blackout

by BGH22

Original Post

The Sims 3 - blackout

★ Novice

I have this issue when game loading, but mostly happen when I'm in Main Menu.

My laptop starts to blackout when,

1. game still loading halfway entering neighbourhood

2. I'm changing setting on In-game Option/Setting Menu

and what happen next was laptop shuts down after blackout effect. Now I still can play after I manage to set game qualities at low and disable any effects like shadow, but I worry this problem will damage my laptop badly.

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz

RAM : 2.0GB

Graphics : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Gaming Graphics : 818 MB Total available graphics memory

System Type : 32 Bit OS

What cause the problem? Is it my laptop lack of requirements to run?

Message 1 of 8 (324 Views)

Hero

What's your OS ? Your specs are very low, especially the RAM.

If the whole laptop shuts down, it could also be an issue of overheating. Does it get really hot ?

Do you just have base game or expansions as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (319 Views)

★ Novice

Crinrict,

thanks for the reply

It does says "overheating" when I turn back on Windows, but 90 degree sure high and a bit odd when I only start game loading in very short while, however I still can play the game for few hours with my fans on before an error 12 code saving game and crash. (yes, quite hot)

I bought the Sims3 Starter Pack with only High-end Loft installed, Late Night Expansion (not yet download)

What do you suggest I should do or avoid next? Any advice of what I should need to play the game ?

Message 3 of 8 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Error 12 saves are caused by not having enough memory to save the game. Your computer is overheating because it does not meet the requirements to play the game and the game will ruin your laptop if you continue to play the game on the computer you have,

To fix your issue read system reqirements and invest in a computer that will play the game

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

You need a computer with 2.4 CPU or better, a good to high end video card and the more ram the better depending on which and how many EP's you want to play. Some of the later Ep's issues EA told me also need vertual memory not just ram

Message 4 of 8 (310 Views)

Hero

90 is way too high. You can do some serious damage to your computer this way.

You should clean out your fans and maybe get a cooling pad if you have a laptop.

Do you still have XP on your computer or Vista or Win 7 ?

I would also consider getting a new computer if you have the means.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (296 Views)

★ Novice

BHG22 and Crinrict,

Ahh ! Thats.....

I'm using Win7 32-bit OS with cooling pad and a stand fan. Yeah, maybe I will think to get a better one for the game.

BHG22, thanks for the link site.

Message 6 of 8 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, with Windows 7, I would look into something better. Still if you want to keep that, you need to clean out those fans. You should really not be running anything on it if it goes up to 90°C (assuming you're talking about Celsius)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (281 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your welcome on the site and use that site as a guide if you intend on getting a new computer. One thing your card should be a medium to high end Nvida or AMD card and if you get a new computer avoid any that have dual graphics that have Nvidia/Intel or AMD/Intel.   The game will latch on to the intel card and you will run into issues trying to get the game to accept another card rather than Intel. Save yourself the headcahe!!! Dont by a computer with intel graphics in it at all!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (277 Views)