Re: The Sims 3 and Mac and 2015 and Unknown Error and won't Uninstall

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

The Sims 3 and Mac and 2015 and Unknown Error and won't Uninstall

★ Novice

i owned it on the PC years ago. I even had the first expansion pack "The Sims 3 World of Adventure". Recently I tried to download it for my Mac and discovered that my key code no longer worked. I was bummed but life goes on. 

A few months later I broke down and bought the Starter Pack, downloaded it and tried to play the game. I would get to the launch screen and as soon as I hit play it would freeze. I tried to by pass the launch screen and go straight to the game but it still did not work. 

I thought I did something wrong during the download so went to the link below to do a clean uninstall. Not knowing it at the time of execution, I skipped the step of uninstalling the program and just put everything in the trash can and deleted it. 

http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

I reinstalled it and now I can't even get to the launch screen. It just says Unknown Error. I deleted everything (Origin and Sims 3) more times than I can count and it still did not pass the Unknown Error message. So I checked some to see if the folders That I was to deleted came back and still gone after reinstalling the game. The folder known as  Cider Preferences was still gone. 

Now when I try to uninstall the Sims 3 it just freezes. I want to play my game. I miss it so much If Someone can help me. I have a fairly new Macbook Pro that came out in the beginning part of 2015. It should work but I don't know what to do. Should I get a refund. I don't know what else to do. What else can I try to download this game.

Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 and Mac and 2015 and Unknown Error and won't Uninstall

@Godofhumor

What Mac do you have? If you have a Mac with any of the following graphics the game is not compatible:

• Intel Iris (Late 2013 and onwards Retina 13" MacBook Pros, entry level iMacs and entry level 15" MacBook Pro)

• Intel HD 6000 (Early 2015 model MacBook Airs)

• AMD Radeon R9 M370X (Mid 2015 high spec. 15" MacBook Pro)

You can try the workaround here, using the relevant details for your graphics card.

I know it's unfair but TS3 is old now and EA will never release a  patch to support the newer graphics cards Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)