The Sims 3 and 4 are very slow on my Macbook Pro. Please help!!!

by Putx12

Original Post

The Sims 3 and 4 are very slow on my Macbook Pro. Please help!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So recently I just installed both The Sims 3 and 4 on my Macbook Pro. I was playing them both on Bootcamp along with The Sims 2 since Sims 4 didn't work on Mac yet. They both worked great on Bootcamp, but it took up too much room. I deleted Bootcamp when it finally came out and now I'm experiencing a lot of problems. For The Sims 3, the loading screens the up to 5-10 minutes and the graphics are AWFUL. I've played it on another Mac beforehand it worked just fine. For The Sims 4, it also took forever during loading screens and the sound was very scratchy. I've heard something about retina display can affect it, but I'm not sure.. Here are my specs: 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,383 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 and 4 are very slow on my Macbook Pro. Please help!!!

★★★ Guide
I'd suggest you continue using bootcamp.
Message 2 of 4 (1,361 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@tedigo21 wrote:
I'd suggest you continue using bootcamp.

Yeah, that's what I think I'm going to do.

Message 3 of 4 (1,355 Views)

Champion

First of all Sims 3 is a very memory intensive game. You really don't have enough RAM to run TS3 on you Macbook right now. There is a very helpful thread on the game forum in the TS3 Mac section that gives you all kind of tips and tricks to the game to run.

As for TS4, you should not have any problems unless you have not updated your game or your Mac OS. Try updating to Yosemite. That should help a lot with TS4.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,346 Views)