Re: The Sims 3 added unwanted pictures to computer

by kfaulk1216

Original Post

The Sims 3 added unwanted pictures to computer

★★ Novice

A few months ago, I decided to download The Sims 3. I downloaded it from Steam, as I didn't know about Origin at the time. Immediately after download, I noticed that when my screensaver that I have on my computer activated, a ton of Sims 3-related pictures would be mixed in with the other ones that I had. The pictures were pictures of Sims clothing, household items, characters, etc. I had never added those to my photo files, and I do not know where they are located in the files of my computer. To this day, the pictures are still there, and it is quite annoying to want to look at the personal family photos on the screensaver, when all of a sudden you just see a random household item from the Sims. I just need to know if there is any way to fix this, or if anyone knows where the pictures might be stored?

Anyways, thanks for reading. I would appreciate any tips or help that anyone has.

Message 1 of 5 (314 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kfaulk1216 Steam installs the game different then the EA version. What version of Windows are you using? Are you using a third party screen saver (did you download the screen saver program)?

Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm using Windows 7, and the screensaver came with the computer. I suppose I will contact Steam if it's a different thing than the EA download.
Message 3 of 5 (293 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kfaulk1216  What is in the folder where you put the pictures (probably user/user name/documents/pictures)? It could be the screen saver is picking up the library folder in the sims user data folder.

Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

★★ Novice

If you mean where I put the Sims pictures, I have not the slightest where they are. I would delete them if I could, but I've searched and can't find them. I went to what you just said, and they weren't there. Like I said, it was probably the fact that I downloaded the game from Steam rather than from Origin. I've contacted Steam.

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)