Re: The Sims 3 Won't Stop Crashing

by pekesims

Original Post

The Sims 3 Won't Stop Crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello. About a week ago, I installed the expansion pack Late Night after I purchased it. Before this, I had the base game and it would run fine. After I installed Late Night, about every hour it will freeze, and I would loose all my progress. I play The Sims 3 whenever I have free time, which is a lot. I'm a long term Sims player, and I have never experienced a problem before. I don't know what to do. Please comment if you know the solution. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (276 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Madaycul1See all of these links for crashing and lagging:

If none of the above help you in any way, please answer the following questions: (Thanks to Crinrict)

See if this helps as well: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ISSUE-Sims-3-Minimizing/td-p/3230209

Message 2 of 7 (246 Views)

★★ Novice

None of the links helped me.

My OS is Windows 10.

My launcher starts perfectly fine.

I am not getting any error messages.

Like i said, i get about an hour in, then press anything on the game, and then it stops responding as the screen goes black, and then closes by itself.

Yes

I have Version 2 before September 2012

I don't use any firewall, and i don't have an antivirus software.

I have a mix.

I do have crash logs. The most recent will be in the spoiler tag below. The link will be below.

Spoiler

My DxDiag will be in the spoiler tag below. The link will be below.

Spoiler

The last link does not help.

Thank you for your time in helping me fix my problem.

Message 3 of 7 (242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 keeps crashing.  Its a recent problem.  It occurs every time I try to toggle around the city and/or after about 5 - 10 minutes into the game.  I have windows xp?

Message 4 of 7 (215 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Madaycul1

Did you update your graphics card drivers when you updated to Windows 10? Please, download and use this tool to check which drivers you need to download.

Try again the game and let us know if that helped.

Message 5 of 7 (208 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! I did update the graphics card and all other drivers when i upgraded. I also used Intel's tool, and it found nothing to update. This link here will show the app telling me i have nothing to update.

Thank you for taking your time to help me fix my problem.

Message 6 of 7 (197 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Sadly, the graphics drivers you have installed are not for Windows 10, but Windows 7 or 8.
What the picture you uploaded tells you there aren't drivers for you, and there aren't drivers for your computer for Windows 10 in the Asus site either ( http://www.asus.com/es/supportonly/X401A/HelpDesk_Download/ ).

That could be your problem.

Anyway, as you say the problem started when you installed Late night, it could also be that there is a corrupted file in your installation. That's why I think it's worth to try a reinstallation of the game, or at least a reinstallation of the expansion pack.
Message 7 of 7 (181 Views)