Re: The Sims 3 Will not load saved game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 3 Will not load saved game

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game because of this problem only yo find it again. Tortise Isle is the saved name for Isle Paradiseo

"cannot load tortise isle it may have been saved with expansion data that is no longer present on this system"

I downloaded the reinstall from origin, had to install pets unlimited and 70's 80's 90's by using disk because they would not dowmload

Please help and thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @simplyzoe

Try these steps maybe helps you https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-cannot-access-saved-game/td-p/1475087

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 3 (388 Views)

@simplyzoe  Even if your packs are checked in the launcher, the game may not load them all some of the time.  The easiest way to tell if this is what's happening is to load a new save in a new world.  Pick a family at random, or just go to Edit Town and choose a house to edit.  In build/buy, you can sort content by expansion or stuff pack; if any of your packs aren't listed, they haven't been loaded into the game.

The solution to this is usually just to uncheck and recheck the boxes for each pack, try again, and maybe restart your computer, until everything loads.  Sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

If the packs are all loading but you still can't access your save, then yes, follow the suggestion that yahel linked and make sure your metadata file is in your save folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)