Re: The Sims 3 - Trouble With Loading Game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 - Trouble With Loading Game

★★ Novice

Hello!

I am having quite the issue with my Sims 3 game. I recently did a factory reset on my laptop, and ever since then, my Sims 3 game won't launch. I keep getting the "Sims 3 launcher has stopped working" pop-up. So, I went into Origin and tried to repair the game from there, which didn't solve the issue, I tried it a few times. I asked in my sims group for help and someone said to go ahead and delete all existing sims 3 files off the laptop and re-install. I have since deleted all files, but I can't seem to figure out how to re-install the game. When I look on Origin, it shows the game is still downloaded, but it won't play. Do I uninstall on Origin as well? I hope someone can help me, sorry I'm not very tech-savvy, haha but I will try anything anyone suggests will help! I miss my sims so much!! Thank you! Heart

Message 1 of 10 (534 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ilovesims1116  The Sims 3 errors in your dxdiag are the ones associated with the DirectX 9 issue.  Did you try manually installing it, as I mentioned in my previous post?  If not, please do so now.

The Sims 3 folder with user data (saves, installed worlds, mods and custom content, etc.) doesn't show up until the first time the launcher opens.  So it's not surprising that you don't have one yet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (440 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Wanted to give an update: I have since followed along with a video on YouTube of completely wiping all Sims 3 files and everything from my computer and re-installing it. I followed along and it's still saying the same thing. Frown I am going to try again

Message 2 of 10 (514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe this will help:

Sims 3 Won't Launch/Start
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25717.0

Message 3 of 10 (501 Views)

@ilovesims1116  Try manually installing DirectX 9, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/SIMS-3-GAME-WON-T-LAUNCH-WINDOWS-10/m-p/10711778#M2478...

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 10 (486 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! Before I do that, I just thought I'd note that I can only see The Sims 3 file with folders labeled "SP01, EP01, etc" but I cannot see or find the file that has folders labeled "cache, worlds, saves, etc". Is there any way to find this folder or should I continue to download the link you posted? Thank you so much for replying!

Message 5 of 10 (479 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried to find the folder by searching in my files for the word "worlds" and the folder doesn't come up. So I'm assuming when I moved the electronic arts folder from my OneDrive to a different hard drive for more space, it must have disappeared.

Message 6 of 10 (477 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the DxDiag

Message 7 of 10 (476 Views)

@ilovesims1116  The Sims 3 errors in your dxdiag are the ones associated with the DirectX 9 issue.  Did you try manually installing it, as I mentioned in my previous post?  If not, please do so now.

The Sims 3 folder with user data (saves, installed worlds, mods and custom content, etc.) doesn't show up until the first time the launcher opens.  So it's not surprising that you don't have one yet.

Message 8 of 10 (441 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow! I did the install that you said and it worked! I truly can't thank you enough!! Do I need to leave this installation on my computer from here on out? 

Message 9 of 10 (432 Views)

@ilovesims1116  I'm glad to hear it.  You don't need to keep the DX9 installer that you downloaded; that's just a way to install the resource itself.  The installer is now extraneous.

Message 10 of 10 (415 Views)