The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition no code

by WizardJeremyArch

Original Post

The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition no code

★★ Apprentice

So i recently asked for help on Contact EA with how i can get the limited edition of the Supernatural Expansion. I was glad that they said they can replace my standard supernatural expansion and replace it with a The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition, since i already bought the expansion. However, they only gave me the different copy, and i didn't get help on how i can use the Limited Edition content like the plants vs zombies peashooter. So now i have The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition with no Limited Edition code, can anyone help give ideas on how i can get the code from my copy? 

Message 1 of 11 (653 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural Limited Edition no code

@WizardJeremyArch  Perhaps the code was already added to your account?  If your Origin library was updated to reflect that you now own the limited edition of Supernatural, that will also apply to your store account, which uses the same information as Origin.  You can login to the store site (https://store.thesims3.com/) using your Origin credentials and check your purchase history; the pea shooter should be listed there.

If the item hasn't been added your store account, it's probably best to contact EA customer support again and explain that you're still missing the store content that comes with your limited edition EP.  EA will have a record of your previous help request, so it should be simple to resume the conversation where it left off.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (638 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I checked and no it isn't in my Purchase History. A weird thing is, i check on my page and it appears in my collections it says i don't own Supernatural, which is bizzare.
Message 3 of 11 (633 Views)

@WizardJeremyArch  Do you by any chance have more than one account?  Another reason your store page wouldn't list an EP that your Origin library contains is if there's a lag in adding a new purchase, but that's usually a question of a few hours, or maybe a day.

I suppose it's possible that the EA rep who helped you removed your already registered copy of Supernatural from your account without replacing it.  But players redeemed the Limited Edition with a second code; I was under the impression that the pack codes (as opposed to the bonus ones) were all the same.  Regardless, it sounds like you'd benefit from having someone at EA's end take a look at your account.  There's no way anyone here can see your account details, much less update them.

Message 4 of 11 (629 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Nope. it's all the same account. I got told to add the Limited Edition after they removed the Standard edition so maybe it's glitched. I've been trying to get hold of contacting EA all day but everytime i've set up a case it hasn't given me the live chat window.
Message 5 of 11 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]

@WizardJeremyArch  You can try a different browser (I've had success with Firefox), or maybe clear your caches.  Sometimes when you're setting up a case, you'll get redirected to a help page that EA thinks is useful instead of getting the call or chat options.  To avoid this, I try to use at the most obscure category that describes my problem, or else select "other" at least once.  I don't know where you are, but setting your location to U.S., if you haven't already, might help as well.

Edit:  I just tried it: TS3/PC/missing content/never received content, and it gave me the "select contact option" button, with a chat wait time of nothing.

Message 6 of 11 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Nah it sends me to select options, i get the option for calling sometimes and some topics i get the option for email. but come up with live chat.

Should i have the topic in The Sims 3 or The Sims 3 Supernatural?

Message 7 of 11 (610 Views)

@WizardJeremyArch  I used the base game icon, but there's no reason you can't go back and change your categories if you're not seeing the options you want.  Calling could work too, unless you'd rather not.

Message 8 of 11 (606 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Ok. i tried it on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, AND firefox. i tried creating a case on each browser for missing content and neither of them gave me a live chat window. The only other option is call, which i try not to, i prefer text.
Message 9 of 11 (595 Views)

@WizardJeremyArch  This is weird.  Let me see if I can get an answer from someone who knows more than I do.  But you definitely should be seeing the chat option if your location is set to US.

Message 10 of 11 (583 Views)