The Sims 3 Store

by aysimasalmann

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Store

★★★ Novice

So I registered 2 expansion packs to my the sims 3 store account and it gave me 5500 simpoints. After 1 months later I registered just 1 expansion pack and it gave me nothing :'( Does this happen only once or after 2 or more games are registered?

Message 1 of 3 (334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store

[ Edited ]

@aysimasalmann  You received 5500 points just for registering a couple of packs?  That's highly unusual and may have actually been a glitch, although no one's going to try to take your points back.

The way things used to work, players would earn 1,000 points each for registering the base game and World Adventures, but no points for the standard edition of any other pack.  A few expansions had special or limited editions that would include extra points as well.  Some bundles would provide fewer points instead—my bundle of the base game and Ambitions only netted me 500 points.

More recently, there have been reports of other packs earning points again, particularly if they're bought through Origin.  There's no official word on how this works though, and it does not appear to apply to packs bought elsewhere and registered manually.

All this is to say, I don't think the lack of points is an error, and you may not earn any more even if you buy more packs.  You've still come out ahead though with the 5,500 points total.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@aysimasalmann  You received 5500 points just for registering a couple of packs?  That's highly unusual and may have actually been a glitch, although no one's going to try to take your points back.

The way things used to work, players would earn 1,000 points each for registering the base game and World Adventures, but no points for the standard edition of any other pack.  A few expansions had special or limited editions that would include extra points as well.  Some bundles would provide fewer points instead—my bundle of the base game and Ambitions only netted me 500 points.

More recently, there have been reports of other packs earning points again, particularly if they're bought through Origin.  There's no official word on how this works though, and it does not appear to apply to packs bought elsewhere and registered manually.

All this is to say, I don't think the lack of points is an error, and you may not earn any more even if you buy more packs.  You've still come out ahead though with the 5,500 points total.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (312 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Yeahh I'm sorry i was actually registered 6-7 games and then couple months later i registered 2 other packs but i saw the 'reedem free simpoint' thing after i registered 2 packs. I probably didn't notice in in the past but i noticed it when I registered 2 packs :D Thanks for your comment!!
Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)