The Sims 3 Store downloads

by JessicaLGraff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Store downloads

★★ Novice

So first of all, I purchased sim points for 20$ and I was charged twice, and now I can't even download the items I bought with the points from the Store, which is supposed to download items just fine cause they are supported by EA.... Umm what the heck?

Message 1 of 9 (601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store downloads

Hero

That's definitly not up-to-date.

Do you have Origin installed ? If not, that might be the reason why you are not getting the update.

I've linked the manual updates here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/patches/m-p/144/message-uid/144#U144

Use the super patch since you are not patched at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (589 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What error are you seeing ? Did you try downloading right now ? I'm having major issues with the site atm.

For your double charge, you need to contact Customer Support.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. For Live Chat, make sure to choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I try to download items I purchase from the store, it opens up in the launcher but its unsuccessful. It has the red circle with the line through it symbol. I'm not upset with the double charge because I have the funds for it, I was just surprised and expected not to have any problems, but some of my items won't download to the launcher and now its like money wasted.

Message 3 of 9 (594 Views)

Hero

Is your game updated to the newest patch ? When you hover over the red circle, you should see a message. What does it say ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (589 Views)

★★ Novice

When I go to game updates it says I have the latest version.. When I hover over the red circle it says "There was an error while installing content.  Please see the log for more details."

Message 5 of 9 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

When you hover over the little base game icon in your launcher (bottom left), what does it say ? It should be 1.36.something

The log can be found in documents/electronicarts/thesims3 and is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Like the version number? It's 1.0.631.00107

Message 7 of 9 (579 Views)

Hero

That's definitly not up-to-date.

Do you have Origin installed ? If not, that might be the reason why you are not getting the update.

I've linked the manual updates here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/patches/m-p/144/message-uid/144#U144

Use the super patch since you are not patched at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm downloading origin right now, thank you. Hopefully it will work.=]

Message 9 of 9 (574 Views)