Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

by Keiomestre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

★★★★★ Newbie

Good evening!

I have bought an item from The Sims 3 Store a few hours ago and I was charged twice by the item. The item is Divine Divan. The store doesn't allow buying the same item twice, unless it was a gift, which is not the case case, so this is clearly a bug, as the item is showing duplicated on my purchase history.

Can I get my sims points back?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

All Replies

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictThank you, they solved my problem through the chat. The item still shows duplicated on my purchase history, but at least I got my points back.Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been waiting two months now after filing not one but two reports where this happened -- charged double -- for two separate items. I'm out $40 in points and no one at EA is ever available to chat (just now, I tried again and the wait time was 36 mins when I entered, then jumped to 192 mins!). No one ever gets back to me. I sent them screenshots, I sent them proof of purchase. Tonight, I saw that they had removed my previous reports so there are none on file. This is b.s. for someone who has supported this franchise since the beginning (original Sims). Just give me my points!

Message 4 of 4 (267 Views)
Twitter Stream