Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

by Keiomestre

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

★★★ Newbie

Good evening!

I have bought an item from The Sims 3 Store a few hours ago and I was charged twice by the item. The item is Divine Divan. The store doesn't allow buying the same item twice, unless it was a gift, which is not the case case, so this is clearly a bug, as the item is showing duplicated on my purchase history.

Can I get my sims points back?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

All Replies

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictThank you, they solved my problem through the chat. The item still shows duplicated on my purchase history, but at least I got my points back.Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (151 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help