Re: The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Store - Got charged twice by the same item!

★★ Novice

Good evening!

I have bought an item from The Sims 3 Store a few hours ago and I was charged twice by the item. The item is Divine Divan. The store doesn't allow buying the same item twice, unless it was a gift, which is not the case case, so this is clearly a bug, as the item is showing duplicated on my purchase history.

Can I get my sims points back?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (1,975 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,964 Views)

All Replies

@Keiomestre  Double charges do happen occasionally with the store, and it can be a hassle to get your points back.  But it's entirely doable, if you're willing to deal with EA support.  (No one on this forum, not even the EA employees who come through, can fix the issue.)

When you contact support, try choosing TS3/PC > Orders > Report a payment error.  People who try the "refund" options are usually unsuccessful, as the support rep (or the system) seems to think the player wants a refund on the money used to buy the points, which can't be granted.  Also, if you get someone unhelpful on the other end of the phone or chat, you can always walk away, so to speak, and try again later.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (1,965 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictThank you, they solved my problem through the chat. The item still shows duplicated on my purchase history, but at least I got my points back.Standard smile

Message 3 of 10 (1,948 Views)

★ Novice

I have been waiting two months now after filing not one but two reports where this happened -- charged double -- for two separate items. I'm out $40 in points and no one at EA is ever available to chat (just now, I tried again and the wait time was 36 mins when I entered, then jumped to 192 mins!). No one ever gets back to me. I sent them screenshots, I sent them proof of purchase. Tonight, I saw that they had removed my previous reports so there are none on file. This is b.s. for someone who has supported this franchise since the beginning (original Sims). Just give me my points!

Message 4 of 10 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

I used the "make me an offer" function for the first time and was double charged for a 1602 point package. It took a chat with three different agents, twice the chat disconnected and the third agent told me nothing could be done. I tried the phone option and did get the answer I wanted, they are supposed to be refunding the points within 5 business days or so. Here's hoping it happens...what an enormous hassle. I spent over 3 hours on this mess. For a few points I might not have bothered, but 1600 points is a rather large amount of money for an error that is obviously on EA's end. I have been buying about 5000 points a month, but after this mess I am thinking it is time to slow down on spending any more money with EA/Origin.

Message 5 of 10 (1,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: I did get my points back by the next day.  I am happy they solved the issue, but still a bit irritated I had to talk to 4 people in order to make it happen. All the agents were professional and courteous, but it is ridiculous that EA's policies make it such a hassle to get points back in cases when it is obviously an error on their side.

Message 6 of 10 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@KeiomestreI’m glad you were able to get your points back. I contacted an EA worker via chat, and they did not solve my issue and recommended me to a website ‘bluebellflora’ which is clearly for Macs and I play on a PC. I guess I am going to have to deal with losing 881 points.

Message 7 of 10 (1,198 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there! 

Happy to hear that you could get the refund sorted @Keiomestre @Sims13Fan78! Standard smile 

@Mayphoenix I'm sorry that it's been that long for you already. I know it's inconvenient but can you open a new case with EA Help? Ideally, you'll try live chat or request a callback because you will have to speak with an advisor to confirm that it's your account before anything can be done. 

@KeenKB That is not a great experience at all. I'm aware that after this you probably don't feel like it but can you please contact EA Help again so this can be looked into?

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeloo Thank you. I will try again.
Message 9 of 10 (1,154 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @KeenKB, please let me know how you get on! Standard smile  

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,077 Views)