The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collectors Edition Items Missing From Game

by BlueHornedDemon

Original Post

The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collectors Edition Items Missing From Game

★★★ Newbie

After not having played The Sims 3 in quite a few years, I was overjoyed to find on my origin account that all my games are still connected to my account. Excited about being able to play one of my old favorite games, I quickly downloaded the game. Upon playing the game, however, I noticed that the collector's edition items for my showtime game were not showing up. After spending hours, contacting EA multiple times and getting support suggestions, it finally came down to them telling me to go to the forums for help. Which I believe is strange, I believe that the company should be able to help assist the issue themselves, instead of me having to ask the community for help. But, here I am, hopeful that there is a solution out there for my issue. 

After having looked into the forums, on a pretty much quick google I found this article (https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Showtime-Katy-Perry-Exclusive-Items-Missing/td-p/5604542) from this very same community. From what I can tell from reading that, it would appear that perhaps The Sims 3 has pulled the Katy Perry collector's edition items from the store. It seems to be a case of if you have it on your computer, you have it, if you don't, unfortunately, it's no longer available. And it's not that I never input my code to get the items, I remember having them back when I first bought the expansion back when it first came out. My origin account even confirms that I have bought the Katy Perry collector's edition. It's upsetting if it's truly the case that they pulled the Katy Perry content from the sims store/purchase history.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do you see the collector's edition items in your purchase history? Are you able to download the content? Is there a way around this? Is there a way to get that content back?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

TL;DR: In a nutshell, Showtime collector's edition items aren't showing up in my game. I've already contacted EA, tried multiple support options that they gave me, as well as checked my purchase history and I do not see the download for the Katy Perry content. I'm looking for solutions to get that content for my game. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2 (552 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collectors Edition Items Missing From Game

@BlueHornedDemon  I don't have the KP version of Showtime, so I can't check for myself.  And the only other person who answers questions here these days is roberta591, who was replying in the other thread you found.  So I don't think you can get the help you're looking for here.

A better place to ask is the official Sims forums.  There are quite a few active players who post there, and I know that at least some of them have the KP content in their games.  They may be able to tell you how to find and download the store content, or how to convince Origin to let you download the Collectors Edition version of Showtime instead of the standard, if that's the issue here.  It's possible that one or two of them have already been through the process of dealing with EA support as well, so they might be able to suggest a new approach, if it's needed.  But again, I'm only speculating, since I've never had the missing content myself.

If you're not already a member there, you wouldn't be able to create a new discussion, but I could start one for you, if you want.  Just let me know the username you have over there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (543 Views)