The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Question

by Skaqs

Original Post

The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Question

★★ Novice

Hello!

I'm not sure if anyone can help me but I already have purchased The standard version of The Sims 3 Showtime. I want to get the Katy Perry collector edition for the exclusive items even though the standard one is installed. My question is if I purchase the Katy Perry Showtime expansion and enter the code, will I be able to still obtain the exclusive items? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (730 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion Question

@Skaqs  If you can find a sealed copy of the Katy Perry edition of Showtime, its product key should override the one for your standard version.  So yes, you should be able to download the KP content.

There's no way to buy the game from Origin right now though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SkaqsI registered showtime katy perry edition last year so I can confirm this.
YES, you can still obtain the Katy Perry Collector's items now.
Although the Katy Perry items could only be obtained through physical copies now, there should be an sheet of both limited edition and collector's item code(They are 20 degits) . Enter them through "Redeem A Code" page and I managed to get entitled for those items. Keep in mind that downloading "Showtime Katy Perry Collector's Edition" through origin will not download the collector's item together. You have to download the items through the sims 3 store.

Also mentioned on the above post, it's better to find a sealed physical copy since if the code were used, it is not possible for you to get them. 

Message 3 of 7 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I appreciate all the help. Will try to find a physical new copy of it. 

Message 4 of 7 (637 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Message 5 of 7 (636 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry this is a bit of a random, late reply but I am wondering; where were you able to purchase the Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry edition? I've been searching Ebay but I'm unsure if the codes have been used or not. 

Message 6 of 7 (406 Views)

@Skaqs  The only way to know that a code hasn't been used is to buy a sealed physical copy, as in, it still has the plastic on it.  If you look closely at a product photo, you should be able to tell, or you can message the seller and ask.  At least that way, if you get scammed, you can sumbit the info to Ebay and request your money back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (380 Views)