The Sims 3 Seasons not Launching

by mmediocre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Seasons not Launching

★ Novice

I just bought the Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack and downloaded it on Windows through the game disc. Everything downloaded smoothly and the shortcut to the game appeared so I clicked on it. The launcher shows that Seasons is installed but when I try to launch the game, it says no game disc found, enter Sims 3 Island Paradise disc. I have that expansion pack but i’m confused as to why it’s asking for that instead of seasons? And when I try to open the game using my island paradise disc it just opens to a black screen. Please help, I tried uninstalling and opening through origin but nothing works.

Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Seasons not Launching

@mmediocre  Island Paradise is newer, by the date EA released it, than Seasons, and the disc version of Sims 3 requires the presence of the newest disc by release date.

Now that you've uninstalled though, there may be remnants of a previous install that are conflicting with your current one.  Please uninstall the game again, then clean your computer's registry either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download).  The manual uninstall part of this guide shows where to look (more or less) for stray Sims 3 registry entries:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

When reinstalling, either install everything via disc, with no Origin involvement; or download everything from Origin, without using your discs.  You'll only be able to avoid Origin if your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012—the later ones require Origin to manage the install—so if you have a newer disc, it's easier to just download everything.  Let me know which kind of install you choose, and if disc, whether you need instructions for installing without Origin getting in the way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (343 Views)

All Replies

@mmediocre  Island Paradise is newer, by the date EA released it, than Seasons, and the disc version of Sims 3 requires the presence of the newest disc by release date.

Now that you've uninstalled though, there may be remnants of a previous install that are conflicting with your current one.  Please uninstall the game again, then clean your computer's registry either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download).  The manual uninstall part of this guide shows where to look (more or less) for stray Sims 3 registry entries:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

When reinstalling, either install everything via disc, with no Origin involvement; or download everything from Origin, without using your discs.  You'll only be able to avoid Origin if your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012—the later ones require Origin to manage the install—so if you have a newer disc, it's easier to just download everything.  Let me know which kind of install you choose, and if disc, whether you need instructions for installing without Origin getting in the way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much!! This worked :-)

Message 3 of 3 (327 Views)