The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

by jasnray7

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

★ Apprentice

rosiec, what a good post!  I'm not ready to give up just yet, but I wish I was!  I look forward to a few moments with my sims with expectation of good times and I only get a headache from banging my head against my desk in frustration and a sinking cheated feeling in the pit of my stomach, I fell so let down by EA, this game is utterly unplayable.

My game was bad before but after installing seasons just last week it's gotten unbearable.  CAS crashes game nearly every time, it took me four crashes and reloads to get my sim plan a new set of outerwear alone!  Build mode crashes after a while and I get about 20 to 30 minutes of game-play, if I'm lucky, last session was about 8 minutes, maybe, and that's not really a gaming session.

I'm a mother of 4 under 3-year-olds, I don't get a lot of time to play so when I do it's not fun that most of that time is spent by staring at a loading screen.

Shame on EA. This game should've been properly ported to Mac like most of Sims 2 was. (BTW, I'm still waiting for the last EP's)  Mac-gamers are treated like 2nd class and we deserve better!  Cider is not working, we pay just as much money for our copies of the game so we deserve a better gaming experience!

Message 51 of 95 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello EA,

I am having the same issue. It would be nice if someone from EA can jump on this forum and actually give answers since this is such a widespread issue with Mac users.

Brian

Tags: EA, Mod, Admin, Help, Issues

Message 52 of 95 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA don't seem to care that Mac users can't play it....

Message 53 of 95 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game also crashes all the time. I haven't been able to play since I bought seasons. I thought it'd get better in february since a new games is coming and they SHOULD have had the time to fix this mac problem by now, but no. I already pre-ordered university but if they don't fix this I'll send it right back, because I am not paying this ridiculous amount of money to get these games legally if they don't work properly! 

Message 54 of 95 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really hope they can fix this problem soon. I'm so angry that I paid so much money for all these games and can't play them.

Message 55 of 95 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Playing on late 2010 laptop. 8g of Ram and a brand new 750 7200 WD HD. This should be more than enough to run this game. But I get 5-10 minutes of game play before it crashes. I've been trying to save after doing anything, but it doesn't help because I feel like I get to do one thing before it crashes. 

Message 56 of 95 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

seems not just mac players are having this issue im also having this issue so i completely reinstalled my operating system so now we know for sure its the game and so many ppl having trouble with it. Fix your game E.A. You have alot of dissapointed simmers. Frown

Message 57 of 95 (1,613 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this problem now. was it ever fixed on your end?

Message 58 of 95 (1,549 Views)

★★ Novice

was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem now. I didnt have before and I've been playing awhile. it only happened when I did a patch update. ugh i hate updates... they're suppose to make it better but it almost always doesnt!!!

Message 59 of 95 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening on my Mac after a clean install from the new origins for Mac. My Mac is less then a year old, and has great specs. The way I see it, you (EA) say the game works on a mac, you charge me the same as you charge PC users. FIX IT! This is inexcusable.  I own all but one Expansion Pack, and will not buy one more thing until I can run my game succesfully.  Until my clean reinstall the Nraas mods made it useable.  Then after the last update (yes- I took the mods to the desk top, cleared the caches, restarted the computer, bla bla) it started freezing.  I have only ever done one clean re-enstall because on a Mac it was a pain, but with the new Origins for Mac, I decided that it might be time.  Now I can't be in CAS for more then 2-5 minutes before it freezes (you know it's not coming back when you hit esc and you get that rejecting thud/bleep) or crashes to the desk top.  Seriously, at somepoint EA needs to fix this or refund Mac users money and apologise for lying about it being functional on Macs.  These issues have been extensively listed in forums for YEARS.  You shouldn't have to mod just to use your purchased games, but now even that is not working!

Message 60 of 95 (1,488 Views)