The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

by jasnray7

Original Post

Sims 3 Crashing on Mac - Problem Report

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 has been crashing almost every 10-20 minutes of me playing and i have no idea why. I get a problem report sent to me after every time it closes and was wondering if someone could look over it and tell me what the problem seems to be if i send it to you? [it's exceeds the maximum characters on this] 

Message 41 of 95 (2,294 Views)

Sims 3 World Adventures

★ Newbie

Hello,

I have a MacBookPro and I have 6 of the Sims 3 games (The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Ambitions, The Sims 3 World Adventures, The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims 3 Plus Seasons and The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff ) and I have been able to play all of them just find until a few months ago.

I had to erase all of my data for the Sims many times because the game kept freezing and its getting very annoying. Now I cannot install The Sims 3 World Adventures all of a sudden and I don't understand why because it let me install it just fine before. I have all the updates possible, if there is some secret update that I can't find; I would really appreciate it if you could help me get it.

Also, I lost my disc for The Sims 3 Ambitions and I was wondering if there is anything you can do to help me with that, I still have the box for it and the disc code. Please Help! I've been playing this game for 10 years and I can't bear to lose it. Frown

Thankyou,

Jasmine Johnson

Message 42 of 95 (2,295 Views)

Unhandled exception fault?

★★★★★ Newbie

I just got a new Mac desktop computer, and I installed most of the expansions up to seasons, and they all work great...for about 20-30 minutes, then display some pretty cool graphical errors, such as demonic all black sims in CAS, or what look like light reflections slicing through my view of the town. The game then freezes or completely crashes, and up pops a little error message that says "Unhandled exception fault" followed by a series of numbers, mostly zeros. It has cost me quite a bit of unsaved data, not to mention it's just plain old irrirating to restart the game 15 times. What can cause this? And what can I do to fix it?

Message 43 of 95 (2,282 Views)

Sims 3 Supernatural and now Seasons Crashes all the time

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

I have a lot of problems (crashes) with the Sims Supernatural on my IMac.
(Processor  2,93 GHz Intel Core i7, memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Videocard  ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB, Software  OS X 10.8.2 (12C60))
I just installed Seasons and still have crashes all the time. I got a huge kind of technical info that can be send to Mac, or no message/info at all!
Is there some cash or other that have to be removed? I do not like to reinstall all my 13 games plus all the bought stuff.

Thank you in advance!!! Okay I have reinstalled all the packages but still not working. The crashes happen everywhere in the game. When I'm lucky I can play 10 minutes!!!

Please EA solve this!!! I spend a lot of money on all these expansions packs and stuff from online!!!!

Message 44 of 95 (2,596 Views)

The Sims 3 Seasons is Crashing On My Mac!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey guys. Can you please please PLEASE update The Sims 3 Seasons for the mac? Because I canNOT ever play my game because of it! It never stops crashing. It makes me SO SO SO SO mad! PLEASE! Can you guys fix it? Or is there maybe another way? But this post is mostly for ea to answer.

Message 45 of 95 (2,545 Views)

Seasons Crashes all the time

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Getting worse now I only can play 2 minutes before it crashes!

Message 46 of 95 (2,635 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Season keeps crashing on my MAC HELP!!!

★★ Novice

Where are the answers from EA on how to fix Seasons constantly crashing on a mac?

Message 47 of 95 (2,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have given up, and have just advertised The Sims 3, all ep's & all Stuff packs (right up to seasons) for sale on Gumtree.  

There is no point having this game if you have a current model iMac.  It appears from the ongoing issues faced by Mac users (for a long time now - even dating back to World Adventures), and the complete lack of appropriate response from EA that any of the problems identified will ever be solved. 

I would strongly suggest that rather than wait for EA to retrieve their craniums from their rectums, other Mac users follow the same path.  At least you may still be able to retrieve some of your hard-earned money while PC users are still willing to part with their money for a game that was clearly made only for them, and only for the ripping off of all Mac users.

I will not be buying any more of EA's games again, as it is extremely apparent that while they are happy to take our money, they are unethical in their ability to provide a game (or product) that actually works, or at least respond accordingly.

EA - IF YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE, PLEASE HAVE THE MINISCULE ETHICS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE TECH SPECS ON YOUR PRODUCTS. IT IS UNFAIR TO CONTINUE TO CON UNSUSPECTING HARD-WORKING GAME ENTHUSIASTS.

Message 48 of 95 (2,502 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Although I am not happy that this is happening to all of us... I have to admit, I am glad I am not alone. It IS very frustrating! Agreed! @ monikanelson. Pretty well the same thing is happening to me! How do we get help?! I haven't read all the threads... I am hoping we get some guidance.

Message 49 of 95 (2,501 Views)

Re: wont open!!

★★★ Newbie

That happened to mine a while ago too! I just let it sit played on a pc for a while then I bought another expansion and when it installed everythign was good again! exept all the crashing but what can you expect?? Macs are horrible for gaming Frown

Message 50 of 95 (2,471 Views)