Re: The Sims 3 Pets, Origin says my game is installed but the actual game isn't really installed?? D

by J0ykid

Original Post

The Sims 3 Pets, Origin says my game is installed but the acutal game isn't really installed?? DESPERATE

★★★ Newbie

OKay so I've spent a few hours and have finally given up on finding a solution. I redownloaded my sims 3 games last night, the first one first and I had the sims 3 pets on my origin so I tried to download that. It says it was downloaded, and I hit install. Originally it said it couldnt and to make sure my game was up to date (which it was) but then it just kind of kept on going with the install so i ignored it, but when i launched the game, my sims 3 launcher didnt show that the game was installed, and when i ran the game, it didnt show any of the content. I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin, but it still says the Sims 3 pets is available for play but It actually is not! This is my first time with origin on my new computer btw, because I switched to a mac if that makes a difference

Message 1 of 15 (12,907 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Pets, Origin says my game is installed but the acutal game isn't really installed?? DESPERATE

★★ Novice

Even more irritating, I can't delete the Pets EP and try again.  Origin seems to think it's installed and playable, but it's nowhere to be found in my Sims folder, and the uninstaller doesn't see it, either.

I'm on a 2010 iMac, running OS X 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion) if that matters.

Message 2 of 15 (12,748 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Pets, Origin says my game is installed but the acutal game isn't really installed?? DESPERATE

★★ Novice

The same thing is happened to me! I finally got Sims 3 supernatural, my favorite expansion pack and Pets. I installed superantural first then pets, and only pets shows up! I have tried everything! Even spending more money and trying to buy the game over again won't work! There is no solution that has worked for me, but if anyone has one please help!Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 15 (12,443 Views)

Hero

Are you also on a mac ?

Here's a few trouble shooting steps: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

If those don't help, I would suggest posting in the mac forum at thesims3.com (make sure your language is set to US): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/205.page since macs are not well covered on the AnswerHQ.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (12,440 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem, but with the Island Paradise EP

Message 5 of 15 (12,434 Views)

Hero

Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (12,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if anyone figured out a solution for this... It's happening to me right now and I have all eps and sps and a few aren't showing up and I have unistalled and reinstalled 3 times aready and basically did everything that was suggested above. Anyone have a solution pleaaaase?!

Message 7 of 15 (12,309 Views)

Hero

I don't have any other solutions but I don't know much about macs.

You might wanna post at thesims3.com at the mac section.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (12,303 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this same problem but with TS3 base game. I couldn't uninstall because there was nothing to uninstall. And, I couldn't install because the only option was to uninstall.

Here's the solution:

1. Go to Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games

2. Delete the folder of the game/EP you need to install

3. Return to your game library (it will still be there) and right-click the game/EP then select download or follow the same steps you would if you were to play it. The orange button show say Download.

4. Download and install. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

If this works for you, please let other people know. I couldn't find a solution for this anywhere and it took me hours to figure out.

Message 9 of 15 (12,225 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Pets, Origin says my game is installed but the actual game isn't really installed?? D

★★★ Newbie

Hey. I have one question about this. Does anyone know how to do the Origin game delete thing on a Mac?

Message 10 of 15 (11,806 Views)