The Sims 3 Mods aren't working for me...

by draabiczek

Original Post

The Sims 3 Mods aren't working for me...

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so I have a problem... My TS3 mods aren't working even tho I did everything right. I tried everything and still nothing works. Please help me I can't live without mods haha

Message 1 of 11 (780 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Mods aren't working for me...

[ Edited ]

@draabiczek  Please right-click on one of your mods and select Get Info, then copy and paste the file path, which is under "Where."  You can write [username] instead of your actual username if you want, but otherwise please leave the file path intact.

And let me know whether you're running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Sims 3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

C:\Users\aveve\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Idk is that what u mean cause I'm bad at this stuff hah

And I'm running 64-bit version

Message 3 of 11 (746 Views)

@draabiczek  That is in fact the info I was asking for.  It sounds like you're playing on a Windows computer though, unless you renamed your hard disk to "C:" and rewrote the file path to include backslashes; they're not used for file paths in macOS.

At any rate, please take a screenshot of the Packages folder and attach it to a post.  Please also confirm that there's a resource.cfg file inside the Mods folder, not in Packages or another subfolder but just in Mods.

Message 4 of 11 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have Windows computer and I have resource.cfg file inside Mods folder, it's in the right place Standard smile

Screenshot_1.png

Message 5 of 11 (714 Views)

@draabiczek  It looks like you have everything set up correctly.  (I take it you've downloaded the Sims 3 version of the hair in your screenshot, not the original Sims 4 version.)  Do the NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles mods work with no other mods added?  It's worth testing just in case there's a problem with one or more of the .package files you're adding.

If those two mods alone don't work, please open a File Explorer window, click This PC, and enter "deviceconfig" without quotes in the search box in the upper right corner.  Please let me know the file path of each copy you find, as well as the date modified on each one.  It's possible the game is using a different Sims 3 folder for some reason.

Message 6 of 11 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh NoBuildSparkles mod and NoIntro mod works without any other mods... So what's the problem?

Message 7 of 11 (685 Views)

@draabiczek  There are a couple possibilities.  One is that you forgot to delete scriptCache.package after adding more mods; this file needs to be deleted any time you add or remove any mod.  Another possibility is that one of the mods you're adding is broken, not for Sims 3, or not compatible with a fully patched game.  If you want to test, try downloading a mod or two from NRaas.  They all work fine with the current versions of Sims 3.

By the way, just to check, please list the full version number of your game, which you can see in the lower left corner of the launcher.  If you have a less than fully patched install, that could also explain the problem.

Message 8 of 11 (675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh I didn't knew that you have to delete scriptCache.package after adding more mods. I will check this right now. And my version number is 1.69.43.024017

Message 9 of 11 (673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so the NRaas mod worked but the hair mod didn't even tho I deleted the scriptCache.package so I don't know what to do Frown

Message 10 of 11 (665 Views)