The Sims 3: Missing expansions and stuff packs in game launcher

by TheGothicFrog19

Original Post

The Sims 3: Missing expansions and stuff packs in game launcher

★★ Novice
Hello everyone, can you please help me. I have bought expansion and stuff packs from eBay they worked fine last year. However, due to the recent update from Origin, a lot of them won't show in the game launcher. They are already registered with Origin and Origin says that they are installed. The packs that will show are brought from the same sellers.
My game is patched to 1.69. I have closed the launcher and reopened it, repaired the game several times, uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared Origin cache. It still does not work.
I have contacted EA customer service already and they replied that it is due to unauthorized game packs. My packs are legitimate as I would not be able to register them otherwise.
Please help. I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you,
Freya.
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: Missing expansions and stuff packs in game launcher

Hero (Retired)

@TheGothicFrog19  First let me start by saying when you purchase the game/packs you do NOT own the game/packs. What you are paying for is a license to use the software. You agree to this license the first time you run the game spelled out in the EULA (end user license agreement ). EA can revoke this license should they find a violation of the TOS (terms of service). I'm assuming you purchased the game/packs from a seller who is an unauthorized seller. I'm guessing these sellers are not getting the codes from EA. In this case you need to contact the seller about the issue. Ebay is a large online flea market and there is all kinds of "deals" on Ebay. Yes there are sellers who are dealers but that still makes it a private transaction between the buyer and seller. You have to be careful about sellers on Ebay. Most sellers on Ebay are reputable about deliver as advertised but there are some that aren't. In your case the seller is either spoofing the codes or getting the codes from an authorized wholesaler who isn't supposed to be reselling the codes. Which brings us back to you have to contact the place of purchase about this issue as EA was not the seller. First contact the seller. Their response will tell you how reputable they are. Report the seller (company) to Ebay. Ebay provides some buyer protection. You could report this to the financial institution (bank?) for the card you used to purchase the game/packs and try for a charge back. Report the seller's company to the BBB. Your packs are not legitimate by EA customer service and activation has been revoked. your only recourse is to contact the seller.

Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)